What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATF Tax Stamp Wait Times

NorincoKid

eForm 1 MP5 SBR

submitted 12/14/2021
prints mailed 12/15/2021
denied 2/1/2022

"MANUFACTURER INCORRECT. IF 80% LOWER SPECIFY IN THE REMARKS SECTION. ALSO, VERIFY SERIAL NO. REFUND IN PROCESS."

NorincoKid

Starting from a flat, or converting a SP5 series?

Flat

Its not my first form 1, or even my first form 1 using a homemade receiver/tube. Used the proper FMI code, etc. Have emailed several times for clarification so when I try again it won't have the same problem.

GhostHK

Contributing member
Eform 1 - Submitted 9/1
Eform 1 - Approved 9/20

p5Y397M.jpg
Damn that's cool

NorincoKid

Well, I got some "clarification" on why my form was disapproved, although I'm still not 100% sure I made any mistakes.

ATF said:
After reviewing your form – are there mfg markings on the lower (that is what you are registering and we have to use those markings) – if you are the mfg, then we need you to specify in the remarks section that it is an 80% lower, stripped lower, and it helps if you upload a photo so we can verify your information.

I replied saying that there are no mfg markings on the receiver I used, since it was a flat piece of sheet metal that I bent & welded and finished myself. Their response was;

ATF said:
Resubmit and in the remarks section note what you said about stamped metal…..upload a photo so the examiner can see what it is.

So basically I was supposed to write everything already input to the form (My info, Model, Serial, Caliber etc) into the "remarks" section.

Never had to do that before. But this form that was denied was put in before the "great eforms reset" so I don't know if that matters.

Resubmitted 2/10
Prints Mailed 2/10

We'll see I guess

Brad4065

Well, I got some "clarification" on why my form was disapproved, although I'm still not 100% sure I made any mistakes.

I replied saying that there are no mfg markings on the receiver I used, since it was a flat piece of sheet metal that I bent & welded and finished myself. Their response was;

So basically I was supposed to write everything already input to the form (My info, Model, Serial, Caliber etc) into the "remarks" section.

Never had to do that before. But this form that was denied was put in before the "great eforms reset" so I don't know if that matters.

Resubmitted 2/10
Prints Mailed 2/10

We'll see I guess
That's flipping stupid. Sorry for your inconvenience.

NorincoKid

That's flipping stupid. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Thanks. It is what it is though. Luckily its just a form 1, I'd be really butthurt if I waited 8 months to get this news for a form 4 or something.

Hopefully this time its "right"

So much bullshit just to pop out a pin, slide on a stock and put the pin back in :rolleyes:

03man

I believe the "turn around" depends on the timing for receipt of fingerprint cards. As I've been told, they batch them and send to the FBI- it then depends on the FBI to send the results back to ATF.
So--- if your cards arrive and are batched and sent immediately, and it is a "light " work week at the FBI, they get back quickly; if they just miss this weeks(or whatever time frame) then that adds days to the process.

It also depends on the "quality" of the fingerprint job, excellent prints are easy to check; sloppy ones take longer! ;)

HKshooter

Has anyone got a form 4 back from eforms since the electronic change over? My LGS has sent a bunch beginning on Jan 21 but haven't seen a single one back yet.

Lamont

Staff member
Has anyone got a form 4 back from eforms since the electronic change over? My LGS has sent a bunch beginning on Jan 21 but haven't seen a single one back yet.
Yeah I've had a couple. 10 days or so. Unless your LGS showed you a copy of the Form 4 overlaid with the word "Submitted", I'm going to suggest that you don't know for sure that they did this when they say they did.

NorincoKid

Yeah I've had a couple. 10 days or so. Unless your LGS showed you a copy of the Form 4 overlaid with the word "Submitted", I'm going to suggest that you don't know for sure that they did this when they say they did.

10 days for a Form 4?