What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATF Tax Stamp Wait Times

UltraFudd

Jan 24th, eForm 4 via Silencer Shop. My dealer & I did the online bit simultaneously and got a “Submitted”. Tick Tock! ⏰⏰⏰

flybynt

You are not even at the reported 60 day backlog timeframe.

UltraFudd

You are not even at the reported 60 day backlog timeframe.
Latest gossip I’ve heard is that the first batch is going to run about 90 days. I wasn’t complaining. When I do y’all will know. 😉 Just noting that anybody who says they’re getting an eForm 4 back in two weeks is smoking some really good . . .🚬

HKshooter

I got am email from eforms showing me a copy with "submitted " overlaid on the form. Oddly, I cannot see the form in eforms. Going to ask the LGS about that today.

Lamont

Staff member
I got am email from eforms showing me a copy with "submitted " overlaid on the form. Oddly, I cannot see the form in eforms. Going to ask the LGS about that today.
I really like this feature of e-Forms, as long as someone knows about this and asks a Licensee for it, it will prevent incidents like have happened historically where Licensee's sometimes waited long periods of time before doing this. For whatever reason.

HKshooter

Asked them today, the eform shows on their eforms site, not the transferee's. Ok, as long as I know.

To add a little detail to this, this form 4 is for a suppressor bought from my LGS via Silencer Shop.

flybynt

Latest gossip I’ve heard is that the first batch is going to run about 90 days. I wasn’t complaining. When I do y’all will know. 😉 Just noting that anybody who says they’re getting an eForm 4 back in two weeks is smoking some really good . . .🚬
Not saying you are complaining, I was just trying to inform everyone expecting 30 to 45 days approval times might need to adjust expectations is all.

HKshooter

I just read on another post {here} where ATF denied a lump of 850 applications for suppressors, because of their "new interpretations" of the law.

Good luck guys.
I've caught wind of some such thing, haven't read any details but it seems they were all applications to make your own, not factory produced units.

03man

Lots of discussion on the ar forum.
Seems all of that specific 850 were to guys who bought one brand of solvent trap and then submitted form 1s to complete.
ATF closed down the supplier in December, got the records of who bought the "complete" kits; then decided that they were already silencers and could not be legally registered using a form 1.

It is pretty complicated and uncertain as to what the actual impact will or may be on building form 1 suppressors; but, for sure don't buy a kit and try- though it has been "ok" for years.
Seems now there are more questions on the form for where the pieces came from and pictures too.

It's a big mess for a lot of folks.

Nzfly

Contributing member
The 850 were not exclusively folks who were on customer lists. Plenty of guys were denied who never bought anything from the solvent trap vendors. ATF is taking the stance that because the definition of silencer includes parts intended to be used in a silencer then those parts are silencers requiring F4 transfers. The logic is a bit odd, as no one could unintentionally make a silencer and magically have filed their F1 to be legal; thus, all intended silencer parts require F4 transfers and that negates the F1 build your own.

Brad4065

The 850 were not exclusively folks who were on customer lists. Plenty of guys were denied who never bought anything from the solvent trap vendors. ATF is taking the stance that because the definition of silencer includes parts intended to be used in a silencer then those parts are silencers requiring F4 transfers. The logic is a bit odd, as no one could unintentionally make a silencer and magically have filed their F1 to be legal; thus, all intended silencer parts require F4 transfers and that negates the F1 build your own.
Dang you're smart.

taylorwso

you wont have anything in eforms until you get the approval, then it should populate with the item

Im a dealer and had 4 forms come back from jan 5 a few days ago, basically 70 days, all paper prints.

Chargerdude70

My last F1 was for my G36C and took 13days

Eform 1
SBR (Trust - 1 RP)
Submitted: 2/2/22
Prints received: 2/7/22
Approved: 2/15/22

13 days

Have 2 cans on paper F4's in since October and waiting for the F3 to go through to F4 Efile a Wolfman. Should have been here today...grrrr