What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATF Tax Stamp Wait Times

NorincoKid

Dang thats a while....today is day 14 of submitted/in process for my SBR Form 1 trust efile.

I've been trying to SBR this MP5 build since early december of 2021. It was denied once before this. Just been a hassle the whole way through. The longest I've ever waited for an approved form 1 prior to this gun was 19 days.

03man

I'm waiting on an SBR form 1, trust; efiled on 2-19-- so maybe another week or two to go, based on Norincokid's experience.

It makes sense to me that all eforms will take longer, since now a flood of form 4s will be in the efile system.
Before the form4 was added there were many fewer forms in the efile system, so I expect form 1 times to go up quite a bit.

I've really never understood how a form 1 could be approved in 7 days as has been reported, since prints had to be mailed and then sent to the FBI, evaluated, and then reported to the ATF - 7 days seems
like a miracle for government work! :)

03man

My eForm 1 SBR (Trust) was approved today.
55th day after electronic submission.

Last edited:

UltraFudd

OK, you heard it here first;

eForm 4 lives!!!

KG Made Odessa 9 with S/N: OD9-xxxx
Order 2713008
Permit / Control number: 2022xxxxxx
ODESSA 9
OD9-xxxx
eForm 4:
Submitted: 01/24/2022
Cashed: 01/24/2022
Stamp: 05/04/2022
Delivered: 05/04/2022

I believe this was one of the first eForms to go through Silencer Shop’s online application and approval process when the Shop went live with their new process.

They had my prints on file from a previous filing, and I submitted a pdf of my Single Shot Trust for this can along with an upload of the RPQ for myself as trustee and a jpeg photo.

Once the Form 3 cleared, my dealer logged onto ATF online, then via Silencer Shop’s software, I joined into his session and we both digitally signed our portions of the app for a Form 4 transfer. He then got a pdf of the eForm 4 watermarked with “SUBMITTED” across the first page. During the online session we could see each other’s computer cursor moving around the screen.

Then, stir pot, wait ~ 100 days and, Soup’s On! An e-mail to the dealer arrives with an approved Form 4. Of note, the ATF examiner no longer hand writes the serial number of the item over the top of the actual blue image of the stamp. For the professional dumbschitt, that presents opportunity for those who’d create fraudulent documents and hope they never get looked at too hard. Personally, I don’t like it. For a person like me with a serious investment as a stamp collector, I’d rather have it on the form scribed over the stamp because then there’s no question, but I guess it’s a time & labor saving shortcut for the poor folks who spend hours looking at these piles of superfluous paper. 🤷🏻‍♂️

So it’s pew, pew and off to the range! 🎯

ctyatty

Emails received: 82 days: - a dozen F1 SBR amnesty registrations approved in a dozen different trusts (easier to divide up to my kids down the road)
Trust applications filed 26 MAY 2023