What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disassociation with HKP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamont

Staff member
Finally get in on the drama... It'll be like reading some romance novel on HKP.. :ROFLMAO: found the link

This would be me:
We have members trying to do ambitious things. One is trying to bring in highly desirable imported pistols to American enthusiasts at non-AU prices.
I'm not sure what "ambitious things" are in this context.....like a Type 08 FFL? There's a few of those around.......

What are "non-AU" prices?

TooSixy

Disabled/Inactive
@HKPRO

Someone screenshot your recent thread on HKP and sent them to me. Your comment (see attachment) about you "didn't participate in my departure" is a blatant LIE.

Let me refresh your memory.

1. You banned @AGG and made a thread about it. Someone emailed me and let me know that HKP had banned Tony
2. I went to read your thread and commented something to the effect that "I have been away from the forum for quite sometime because I have been busy helping people in our community, doing free community services, immigration paperwork, and stuffs." Also, "With AGG gone, does it mean I am the top poster now? j/k"
3. Sometime later, Jeff (SG) PM'ed me and gave me warning, telling me to stop poaching members. That PM was sent to all the admins and mods on HKP, yourself INCLUDED
4. A couple of months after, I sent a PM to G** (@Omega21) telling him I would be leaving HKP and wondering where would be a good place to post a farewell post
5. About 2 weeks after my PM with G** (@Omega21), I got banned for "POACHING MEMBERS". That ban notice was also shared with all the admins and mods, yourself INCLUDED

I made exactly 2 posts teasing about "if you want sight installed for free, i can help you on the other site" or something to that effect. I never once mentioned HKProshop.com. That was before I got the warning from Jeff (item #3 above). I stopped mentioning about "coming over to the other site" after that warning. I figured sooner or later, people would find out about HKProshop.

What exactly was the reason for the final ban? G** (@Omega21) ratted me out. He knew I was going to leave HKP so he ratted me out to you guys and, to silence me, you decided to ban me.

Your participation on this site is NOT welcome and I respectfully ask that you LEAVE this site.

Resized_Screenshot_20220308-200838.jpg Resized_Screenshot_20220308-201216.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

HKPRO

It's not a lie. I don't remember this, and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I did not decide to ban you. I was not that particularly annoyed by the poaching that continues with some to this day. As of now, I don't care at all. Some remain on both, and play both sides of the fence. Oh well.

If you mean that collectively and not individually, we/HKPRO banned you, that is what happened, but I didn't take a position on you. I don't remember a lot, but that's on me I suppose. I don't remember much of what you contributed either, except the disassembly documents. Maybe it's just personality, but I don't understand why you are so angry and wallowing in it? As you can also see above, I am quite open to your returning there, despite the fact that you won't hear of it. What is it that makes reconciliation impossible for you? Why such bitterness? Were you harmed that profoundly? I have apologized to Tony, and he's accepted it. I apologize to you, now. Will you accept it? I am reminded that you've been banned more than once over the years. For what, I don't possibly know, but you reportedly expected to be named a moderator, and were already acting like one. If true, that's inappropriate. Regardless, I felt the need to reach out, and let the past be the past. That's clearly not possible for you. I can't do anything about that, but try, and I have.

Don't worry about my presence here. I never planned to contribute here anyway. I am honestly seeking to mend fences, and everyone has been at least conciliatory, and willing to dialog, but you. I don't think that's a good way to live, but I can't control you. . Banning people for poaching is not the right approach, and that is one of the ways we are trying to fix that. If it was our approach, we would have axed ecsuser/ender and guyanaman and others. But we didn't.

That'll do it. You can have the last word. Regardless, I wish you well.

Lamont

Staff member
Because at this point, basically people want to "forgive and forget", and while some are more amenable to forgiveness than others, "forget" means you are not smart and are quite likely signing up for more. People and organizations don't change. ProShop gains nothing from a relationship where the mods and former owners from the old site have a presence here. We started this to get away from them. This doesn't mean we'll never talk. Recently a member at Pro was banned for being an FFL and doing commercial business. This individual relied on the fact that he's been around at least as long as dirt for a pass on that. The pass wore out, he did not wish to pay, words that cannot be taken back were exchanged.........and he then came here. Would we like a heads up about potential problem children? Why not. I'm sure we would return the courtesy if the currently one way street street ever ran in that direction. But that's not the same as something more involved. Which is not desired here. Period. Their part of the H&K Community is theirs and they are welcome to it. Our part we built, it's an ongoing effort given birth by the mistakes of people who now wish to participate here even if only at the membership level.

That's why.

"We decline to acquiesce to their request". Means no.

jmacken37

I'm into the second half of life at this point and am certainly not privy to bans and reasons for them at HKPro (the site). That said, I appreciate HKPro's (the individual not the site) willingness to dialogue and pursue reconciliation. We have way to much divisiveness in our society and the ability to listen, compromise, and get along is needed now more than ever.

None of this is to minimize the feelings of those who feel wronged, of course.

jdowney

@AGG They closed your account but the post is not deleted. Here is what Straightgrain wrote:

"AGG @HKPRO and I, and many others, are saddened to hear this. We can close your account, but we cannot remove it. There are 100's of web scraper/indexers that preserve everything that was ever posted on the net, so trying to scrub an account is wasted effort. I can change it to AGG-closed and make sure that it cannot be hijacked or reopened (unless you choose to return).

This thread will not be deleted, but it will be closed."

Correction. Tony's post that he linked to is now gone.

I clicked the link and it took me to the TEXAS forum on HKP. Looking at Tony's profile page there is no indication that his final post exists.

I'm not a follower of all the drama over there, but it looks like leopards and spots to me.

GuntherRommel

I feel like the only reason most of us got banned was for speaking our minds, dissent will not be tolerated. Many of my friends reached out in support, you know who you are. I have moved on to collecting and restoring military vehicals. I personally have had no bad interactions with hkpro . This site is the only one i care about anymore . Its just a great fun read, light hearted good people and loyal to each other. Cheers to everyone

RetropM

Correction. Tony's post that he linked to is now gone.

I clicked the link and it took me to the TEXAS forum on HKP. Looking at Tony's profile page there is no indication that his final post exists.

I'm not a follower of all the drama over there, but it looks like leopards and spots to me.

It was there when I posted that, my guess is that it ultimately was removed since Tony wanted his account closed. I'm not here (or there) for the drama, which I find distasteful. I was simply facilitating information because he asked. (y)

RetropM

@RetropM That was a quick edit ;) . We are not worried about helping ourselves. We do not need money, we do not need advertising, we do not need eyeballs. This is our home. Folks are welcome to come, stay, float or do whatever within the spirit of which this site was created.
That's because it was meant as a start to an earlier reply to another message and I never finished that post but it saved and was still in my reply box, it was not directed at jdowney. :)

Lamont

Staff member
@RetropM That was a quick edit ;) . We are not worried about helping ourselves. We do not need money, we do not need advertising, we do not need eyeballs. This is our home. Folks are welcome to come, stay, float or do whatever within the spirit of which this site was created.
There it is.....

jdowney

It was there when I posted that, my guess is that it ultimately was removed since Tony wanted his account closed. I'm not here (or there) for the drama, which I find distasteful. I was simply facilitating information because he asked. (y)

Its not a reflection on you so much as the leopards. SG said the thread would not be deleted in the bit you copied in your post. I only replied to your post because it is now the only evidence that the management over there changed their position.

Funny how some places have a knack for turning casual & mostly disinterested observers like myself into partisans :D

Lamont

Staff member
Its not a reflection on you so much as the leopards. SG said the thread would not be deleted in the bit you copied in your post. I only replied to your post because it is now the only evidence that the management over there changed their position.

Funny how some places have a knack for turning casual & mostly disinterested observers like myself into partisans :D
When given a choice between two different standards of behavior, most people will choose to align with the better of the two. Really, all we have done here at ProShop is offer an alternative. People vote with their keyboards every day as to which they prefer. We trust their judgement, as they trust us to run this place as we said we would.

Omega21

@HKPRO

What exactly was the reason for the final ban? Gai ratted me out. He knew I was going to leave HKP so he ratted me out to you guys and, to silence me, you decided to ban me.

@TooSixy I'm sorry you feel this way, but it's not correct. In April 2021 you told me about your desire to post a farewell post. I asked you to reconsider. You responded "I don't need to say Good-bye. I am just simply leaving." So I informed the rest of the staff that I had tried to convince you to stay but disappointingly you chose to leave. No one was out to silence you.

TooSixy

Disabled/Inactive
@TooSixy I'm sorry you feel this way, but it's not correct. In April 2021 you told me about your desire to post a farewell post. I asked you to reconsider. You responded "I don't need to say Good-bye. I am just simply leaving." So I informed the rest of the staff that I had tried to convince you to stay but disappointingly you chose to leave. No one was out to silence you.
You left out a good bit of details as to why I finally said to you, "I guess I don't need to say good-bye then. I am just simply leaving."
So if what you said was true (because I chose to leave), what was the exact reason you guys banned me? Don't tell me because it was due to "POACHING MEMBERS" because it was not.

So if what you said was true (because I chose to leave), what was the exact reason you guys banned me? Don't tell me because it was due to "POACHING MEMBERS" because it was not.
I am not interjecting myself into this conversation, however this seems like a key fundamental fact, that i too would like to hear the reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.