What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anybody remember .......

flybynt

I have some of these memories too, fun and different times for sure...but you guys never did the stuff that a kid could do growing up out west on a small ranch like I did.

My first guns were Remington and H&R 22s and a Winchester 12 guage shotgun. I remember that used to walk out the back door and hunt rabbits and dove before school in the mornings. In the summer I would sometimes walk a bit to a catchment pond and skip 22 rounds across the water to see how many frogs I could take out at a time.

Bikes...we used tractors, farm trucks, and dirt bikes as for back as I can remember. I crashed a more than few of them too. My old man made me fix whatever I crashed or broke no matter how badly it was broken or mangled. When I was in 7th grade I was hanging off the back bumper of my friends family station wagon while holding onto the roof rack while he did dougnuts and tried to eject me off the back while fishtailing around corners.

Caps...I rember playing with black powder and primers from the reloading supplies we had on hand. That didnt work out so well one day after I lit up a powder trail that ended up in a pile of primers. One had a delayed reaction an exploded and embedded itself in my leg above my ankle after I came out from cover to see the why they all didnt detonate. It went through my jeans, sock, and hightop boot, I squeezed it out like a bloody pimple and stuffed it with tissue and put a bandaid on it. I never told my folks and still have the scar all these years later.

Man looking back its hard to believe I survived much less the things we did as kids that kids today would never get to do.

Last edited:

flybynt

Really thought this was gonna be solely about guns...
Sure....I was 10 when i shot a hole in my roof one day when cleaning SA my 22 rifle. Yeah I had to fix the roof and my old man was pissed. I learned and appreciated gun saftey a lot more after that.

Or the time my neighbor peppered me with a 12 guage while swinging through on a dove. It wasnt the first time he did it so I shot back at him....he never did that again.

Or the time while I was in 4th grade and were building a new ranch house and my uncle came by with a totally illegal sawed off shotgun with a pistol like grip. I shot it ONE TIME which was enough as it almost flew outta my hands.

Was that gun related enough to pass the thread test 🤔?

UltraFudd

I had a Crossman BB gun that looked exactly like an M1 carbine.
I mean EXACTLY.
The sort of thing that gets someone shot up by the police nowadays.
I had one of those too! Top load about 23 BBs on the foregrip. Cock by cranking the barrel in and out. Wish I still had it, but the local cops took it away. I had nothing to do with those windows, either!

That thing was accurate as heck and you could crank em’ out with the cocker. I was the king of the BB gun wars. Took one in the cheek one time, so went into the house and popped it out like a hard zit. Bled like shmitt, too! That just added to that Sgt Rock feeling! We had some epic wars, sometimes with 6-8 guys. That shit’d hit the papers now and we’d all be in juvvie!

AGG

Staff member
Sure....I was 10 when i shot a hole in my roof one day when cleaning SA my 22 rifle. Yeah I had to fix the roof and my old man was pissed. I learned and appreciated gun saftey a lot more after that.

Or the time my neighbor peppered me with a 12 gauge while swinging through on a dove. It wasn't the first time he did it so I shot back at him....he never did that again.

Or the time while I was in 4th grade and were building a new ranch house and my uncle came by with a totally illegal sawed off shotgun with a pistol like grip. I shot it ONE TIME which was enough as it almost flew outta my hands.

Was that gun related enough to pass the thread test 🤔?

Frontier justice. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

ENDER

Staff member
Remember when .................. these were legal to buy? A big hit with 50 somethings on a golf trip during cocktail hour 🍸

Jarts.jpg

flybynt

Remember when .................. these were legal to buy? A big hit with 50 somethings on a golf trip during cocktail hour 🍸

View attachment 5020
IMHO a much better game than cornhole ever thought about being!

For that added element of danger, we used to get back to back in a group throw those straight up in the air and run in every direction, we had a few close calls 🥵

Last edited:

jorayr97

View attachment 4950
View attachment 4951
And runnin around the neighborhood till after dark with M16 brrr brrr guns, cap guns surplus gear pops brought home from the Army and people not flipping their sh!t. No 911 then either. Ridin bikes with a sodawater can smashed between your fork to make the "dirt bike" sound or a clothes pinned card that your spokes flapped past. Man back in the day when you didnt go inside until you were called in and if you were thirsty you drank outta tha hose. Frozen kool-aid pops were a treat or better yet when Pops sent me to the store on my bike several miles away to get him a can of snuff (Happy Days wintergreen), at the tough ol age of 10 or 11, and me a slurpee....kidnapped???? What does that mean. LOL
Stompers were awesome. I used to take the tires off of 1 and superglue them to another to make them super wide. We would have Stomer pulls in elementary school hooking them up to each other or making a sled to see whose could pull the most weight. My favorite was a white Bronco, it was a miniature monster truck that would out pull everyone else's.

copdoc

These were great. Mine still shoots but I wore out the first one. I could not find much on line except advertisement and patents.

20210906_144950.jpg
20210906_145355.jpg

copdoc

Colored balls a bit bigger than golf balls in single or up to 5 rd bursts.

I'll pull the ammo out for pic later. I could not find a pic on net.

You would still love it.

ENDER

Staff member
Colored balls a bit bigger than golf balls in single or up to 5 rd bursts.

I'll pull the ammo out for pic later. I could not find a pic on net.

You would still love it.
Compressed air, spring driven?

copdoc

When you push it together it's like a giant spit wad shooter or bean shooter. Only bigger and full auto.😎
Cork popper
Bean shooter
Spitwad shooter
Puff gun.
20210302_065106.jpg

AGG

Staff member

Absolutely--- what neighborhood did not have at least 1 set. ;)

Tony

copdoc

Very cool. How and what does it shoot?
You can see it's open bolt, full auto only. Pull back, push forward. Not hard to get one rd or 2 rd burst. 15 rd muzzle loader. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I lost a couple of rounds.

I wish the rubber ring on front was something standard. it still works but I would not use it much. It's been treated with Pecards but is pretty old. It works as a burst valve.

Rubber ring held up better than Hensoldt scope caps. Can you 3d print rubber?

20210907_211920.jpg
20210907_211730.jpg