What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOOD What's For Dinner

AGG

Staff member
A Happy Mother’s Day to all out there; with us and moved on, we wouldn’t be here without’em. The Mrs. asked for Blackstoned Ribeyes with onions/mushrooms, griddled red potatoes and artichokes for her M’s day meal.

Looks awesome--- is that olive oil next to the artichoke? ;)

Tony

Barn Owl Lover

Just bought some pizza bread from the local farmers market. Goes really well with butter. A local potato chip company also makes honey butter chips.

Vinz Klortho

Had all four of my wisdom teeth out last week.

I am soooo sick of Ramen, soup, and oatmeal.

Had a nice bowl of chocolate Malt-o-Meal for breakfast just to change things up a little :mad:

AGG

Staff member

Had a nice bowl of chocolate Malt-o-Meal for breakfast just to change things up a little :mad:

Ouch--- try protein drinks to get full. ;)

Tony

Guyanaman1963

Dang! i had two Wisdom tooth pulled at the same time... after that I decided tp keep the other two!
I cant imagine what youre going through!
I was told to stay away from hot liquids for a couple of days while everything clotted, healed and got on track to get better!
Good luck brother!
M.

flybynt

Dang! i had two Wisdom tooth pulled at the same time... after that I decided tp keep the other two!
I cant imagine what youre going through!
I was told to stay away from hot liquids for a couple of days while everything clotted, healed and got on track to get better!
Good luck brother!
M.
I have had all mine pulled plus several others prior to that. Then had my jaw surgically broken and screwed togther with plates and wired shut.

Oh and not to mention wearing braces for like almost 6 years.

Then there was the time I needed some fixing of some nasal issues we cant discuss in polite company.

And I can't forget the partial finger amp which I can say was an interesting and VERY painful experience being able to see the crossectional layers of your anatomy in real time while interesting is not recommended.

Yes I know your pain and then some...just a few of my not so favorite things 🤪

Last edited:

Vinz Klortho

I had a four hour sinus operation back in August, Four hours!
The left wisdom tooth extraction tore a hole in my sinus floor.
I go back next Wednesday to have it sewed up. Joy!

Isn't this a food thread?

Hungry yet?

Guyanaman1963

I have had all mine pulled plus several others prior to that. Then had my jaw surgically broken and screwed togther with plates and wired shut.

Oh and not to mention wearing braces for like almost 6 years.

Then there was the time I needed some fixing of some nasal issues we cant discuss in polite company.

And can I forget the partial finger amp which I can say was an interesting and VERY painful experience being able to see the crisectional layers of your anatomy in real time.

Yes I know your pain and then some...just a few of my not so favorite things 🤪
😂 I’m laughing with you Not at you, because its not funny going through all that!

flybynt

I had a four hour sinus operation back in August, Four hours!
The left wisdom tooth extraction tore a hole in my sinus floor.
I go back next Wednesday to have it sewed up. Joy!

Isn't this a food thread?

Hungry yet?
You started me down this path with your tooth extraction tale of woe. 🤪

flybynt

Had a wonderfully grilled ribeye steak that I hand cut and trimmed to what I consider the perfect 1" thickness. On the same grill I did sweet corn on the cob and skewers of fresh jumbo ship my brother brought back from Mexico.

Finished the plated meal with fresh baked bread and real butter along with a baked sweet potato and a tossed mixed salad including carrots and heirloom tomato all grown on the organic farm next door topped with homemade garlic coutons and blue cheese dressing.

Washed it all down with a refreshing sangria we had preped that morning.

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
Had a wonderfully grilled ribeye steak that I hand cut and trimmed to what I consider the perfect 1" thickness. On the same grill I did sweet corn on the cob and skewers of fresh jumbo ship my brother brought back from Mexico.

Finished the plated meal with fresh baked bread and real butter along with a baked sweet potato and a tossed mixed salad including carrots and heirloom tomato all grown on the organic farm next door topped with homemade garlic coutons and blue chee dressing.

Washed it all down with a refreshing sangria we had preped that morning.

That sounds great--- see ya' tonight. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

flybynt

That sounds great--- see ya' tonight. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony
@AGG anytime you come out to vist you're most welcome to break bread with me.

I made quite the sandwich today for lunch with the leftover shrimp from last nights dinner into a fancy lemon dill shrimp salad sandwich on a fresh toasted bollio roll.

I made my own mayo as it comes out light and airy, seasoned just the way I like it! I used virgin olive oil, some fancy gourmet cherry vinegar, a bit of sea salt, and cracked black pepper, freshly chopped dill, and a bit of lemon juice I had squeezed from the tree in the backyard. I used both whole and coarsely diced shimp for texture and a great presentation, as well a bit of the heirloom tomato from last night for added color and taste, and some chopped cellary gave it a bit of crunch. I chilled it before I put it altogether.

A side of mild fresh provolone cheese with apple slices was a nice way to complete the plate and was an excellent accompaniment to the sandwich.

My wife brewed and sweetened some Jamica to wash it all down.

A most excellent lunch if I must say!

AGG

Staff member
@AGG anytime you come out to vist you're most welcome to break bread with me.

I made quite the sandwich today for lunch with the leftover shrimp from last nights dinner into a fancy lemon dill shrimp salad sandwich on a fresh toasted bollio roll.

I made my own mayo as it comes out light and airy, seasoned just the way I like it! I used virgin olive oil, some fancy gourmet cherry vinegar, a bit of sea salt, and cracked black pepper, freshly chopped dill, and a bit of lemon juice I had squeezed from the tree in the backyard. I used both whole and coarsely diced shimp for texture and a great presentation, as well a bit of the heirloom tomato from last night for added color and taste, and some chopped cellary gave it a bit of crunch. I chilled it before I put it altogether.

A side of mild fresh provolone cheese with apple slices was a nice way to complete the plate and was an excellent accompaniment to the sandwich.

My wife brewed and sweetened some Jamica to wash it all down.

A most excellent lunch if I must say!

Thanks--- and ya'll are always welcome, if you ever get this way. ;)

Tony