What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the whole world gone crazy?

Guyanaman1963

Anybody who knows me, knows I'm filter-deleted. I don't start stuff with individuals, but am generally just someone who doesn't do well around "sensitive" people. If "words" offend you.....then I'm not your guy.
I think I have read nearly all of your 700 post, and cant think of anything that you have said that may be construed as offensive! I think you have your opinions and also think you a perfect gentleman!
I can tell you I am not easily offended, but in todays politically correct climate, I try to second guess myself... albeit I dont too good a job!
M.

HK12Step

Anybody who knows me, knows I'm filter-deleted. I don't start stuff with individuals, but am generally just someone who doesn't do well around "sensitive" people. If "words" offend you.....then I'm not your guy.
Preach. And while I do not start stuff, those that know me, know me....8710928F-934C-4688-816F-2E117AD52679.jpeg

xsefan

Contributing member
I don't get it. Did these sell for that much? Were they just listed at this price. These are still available from distributors

AGG

Staff member
I don't get it. Did these sell for that much? Were they just listed at this price. These are still available from distributors

The beginnings of the buying frenzy--- seems that prices have cooled somewhat lately. ;)

Tony

HKshooter

Keep in mind this thread started two years ago. Things are different today.

Z00mie

I watched these when the market became so tumultuous. Later, my biggest fear was missing another batch entering the country (sure do wish I'd gotten a Z43P LOL). I kinda wanted a 'pushpin lower' AP5/Z5 to add to my toybox but kept thinking "my goodness I can get another SP5, SP5L or SP5K for those prices. Now, they're $1K. For once, I'm happy I waited!
Random musings:
Have you asked yourself why these guns are now really down in price? Is it the after Christmas blaahs? Somewhat. Better yet, the AFT pistol brace ruling? More likely! Lots and lots of former braced pistols will become unfun (loss of functionality) as braces are removed and/or illegal in some states (SBR's illegal in 21 states I think). Read 'market in the toilet' as manufacturers try to sell off inventory. Free tax stamp you say? Most legal folks are saying its a bad idea to do this, and I agree.
And now, for a little unsolicited advice, NEVER EVER postpone purchasing surplus that you want, no matter how many of them come in or price. The cycle runs like this: Price is set at initial release as the market finds its happy spot, prices stabilize and later sag down as market becomes saturated. Vendors exhaust inventory. Prices climb rapidly after some time due secondary market, unobtanium and lore.
Buy former braced pistol inventory (without the brace, and/or weapons with brace SKU's). I believe the manufacturers/dealers are gonna dump them (sans brace) into an already saturated market causing a substantial market dip. However, I think the Pro 2A legal teams will 'right the brace ship' if you can be patient.

Johnny

Yes, when this thread was started the prices of even clones were insane. That same gun in OP is probably now worth a third of what is was back then

ghoulardi

unless you've been living under a rock for the last 15 years or so you would know that certain guns have gone up in price to something unheard of when they were coming in by train car loads

mosin-nagants went from a low of 40 or 60 bucks to over 400+ bucks..............foreign made AKs went from a low, when I bought my MADDI, for 120 bucks to 1K , and that is consider a good price for one.

I paid a pretty penny at the time of 900 bucks for a VECTOR V-98 (MP5-K), now, I wouldn't care to guess what they go for now. only reason I bought it was because special weapons were notorious for being junk guns, only good for being used as targets on the range. life is just too short for buying junk guns

Last edited:

Nehalem Man

Yeah, this thread has not aged well.

There was a short time where the only MP-5 type pistol available in the U.S. was the newly reintroduced SP-5 from HK. MKE and Zenith had an ugly divorce which ended importation of the Turkish guns, and no one had seen a batch from POF/Pakistan for several years.

The SP-5s were initially going for stupid prices of $4k+ in many cases. That made the MKE guns already here increase in value in the minds of some people, which is why we saw the crazy Gun Broker pricing.

When Century took over the importation of the MKE guns coming out of Turkey, it did us a huge favor. Initially they priced the MKE guns way too high IMO, but then started cutting prices and later offering the "Core" packages, driving down pricing to the point where some models were under $1K if you shopped around. Also, a batch of POF guns finally hit U.S. shores after a long absence.

I do know that right now is the likely golden days of MP-5 platforms. I cannot think of another time where we have had so many choices available to the consumer at "reasonable" prices. One thing is for certain......it won't last.

-E-