What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK433 discussion/info/resources

Guyanaman1963

I like the fde and overall looks minus the barrel with added suppressor. It just looks way too long for my liking.
Great looking gun, but .... something seems off.
M.

Barn Owl Lover

I'm hoping for more info and such (including of course photos and videos) to come out in the coming weeks and such.

Barn Owl Lover

I'm posting this here, not just because there's not one but two 433s pictured, but I have a question about the muzzle device. Some of the newer 433s with 13.5 and 16.5 inch barrels have flash hiders that have notches holes cut into the rear of them behind the wrench flats. Any idea what their purpose would be?

67968722_2589217827789340_523751839905087488_o.jpg

Barn Owl Lover

I'd have thought that's what a wrench is for with the wrench flats unless they're so torqued down that a special tool would be helpful. I'd have thought that they're for like set screws or something, but since the flash hiders don't need timed that would be redundant. That being said, these flash hiders don't have the retaining spring, either, though the 433 and 416A8 do have splined barrels.

Guyanaman1963

I'd have thought that's what a wrench is for with the wrench flats unless they're so torqued down that a special tool would be helpful. I'd have thought that they're for like set screws or something, but since the flash hiders don't need timed that would be redundant. That being said, these flash hiders don't have the retaining spring, either, though the 433 and 416A8 do have splined barrels.
I was thinking it was a retaining spring... thanks for clearing that up for me.

Barn Owl Lover

That's also IMO sort of odd. Some 433s and patent images of them do show flash hiders that have the retaining spring. Does seem to be a feature that's disappeared over time. But on the longer barrel variants, the barrels spines do still exist, as well as on the images of the 416 A8 that HK released earlier this year.

Barn Owl Lover

Just got new info this morning from a friend who's an admin at a Romanian HK Facebook group. He's getting two 433s to test in late June. Both are 5.56mm, but barrel lengths are unknown right now. He also says that it's not a foregone conclusion that the 416A8 will be getting the nod from the German Army, as they're still evaluating the 433 alongside the 416. This is why though they're the only company left in the tender, HK are being tight lipped about things right now.

Barn Owl Lover

To be fair, that's how many changes that HK has developed or at least looked into for LE/Mil use. The A5 added things like the slim stock, adjustable gas regulator, and ambi controls, the A7 added the 90 degree selector/safety, and the A8 is the German Army tender rifle. Not to mention the N model for Norway and the F model for France. Problem with HK is that they're at near max production capacity (though I have little doubt that they have some reserved for the German contract), and they're chasing volume orders from law enforcement and armed forces, where they can also sell support services along with firearms. FN in Europe has been just as bad and even in NA they used to be until FN USA ramped up commercial production.

And for the 433, there's been like 6 or so variants of it over the past 3-4 years. I hope to find out more from my friend, though we do have to be kinda patient, since he's not expecting to see the 433s he's testing until late June.

Barn Owl Lover

I know that I posted a new article about the HK433 series elsewhere on this board, but the article seems to hint at an interesting point. Within caliber, the 433 will be insanely modular. However, don't look for a lot of parts to interchange between calibers. This seems to be HK's method of "solider proofing"/idiot proofing the 433. Like for instance, the 433 (5.56mm) and 437 (.300 Blackout) have enough differences between them as far as barrels, bolts, and even uppers and lowers, to prevent accidental interchange of calibers/mixing and matching of parts.

So it seems that the 433 family will be a range of slightly different rifles instead of having full on caliber conversions if I'm understanding the All4Shooters article correctly.

Also, if the same article is correct, it seems that HK lowered the 433 rate of fire in full auto from 850 rpm back down to 700 rpm.

Barn Owl Lover

An large high res spec sheet that I found online, though it's a couple of years old. Hopefully we'll be getting some new stuff soon.

HK433 Data.jpg

Barn Owl Lover

I just saw this this morning on Concamo's Instagram and Facebook stories. HK433 with 14.5 inch barrel, HK416A7 grip and new bolt catch186506526_894556801097023_8579924998729207932_n.jpg

Barn Owl Lover