What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members' Firearms

DRYHEAT

doq2Ilx.jpg

flybynt

Nice. A collection of em👍🏼
Calibres????
Pretty representative of the useful set of working calibers: 458 win mag, 338 win mag, 300 win mag, 7mm rem mag, 6mm rem, 30-06, 25-06, 308 win, 270 win, 243 win, 7x57 Mauser, 35 wheelen, 22-250 rem, 220 swift.

There are a few others I can't recall off the top of my head but are in the collection nonetheless as I was in a m77 collecting mode back in my late 20s and early 30s 😆

I also have a few extra as new long action and short action stocks I put away years ago to make sure I had insurance in case of damage for these american classic wood stocked beauties.

Thinking on this makes me want to fill in some of the more rare and hard to find caliber gaps in my collection.

copdoc

Pretty representative of the useful set of working calibers: 458 win mag, 338 win mag, 300 win mag, 7mm rem mag, 6mm rem, 30-06, 25-06, 308 win, 270 win, 243 win, 7x57 Mauser, 35 wheelen, 22-250 rem, 220 swift.

There are a few others I can't recall off the top of my head but are in the collection nonetheless as I was in a m77 collecting mode back in my late 20s and early 30s 😆

I also have a few extra as new long action and short action stocks I put away years ago to make sure I had insurance in case of damage for these american classic wood stocked beauties.

Thinking on this makes me want to fill in some of the more rare and hard to find caliber gaps in my collection.
I didnt know much about these until I went to Ruger Armorer school but was very impressed.

copdoc

Rarer than rare, very early PDW. So rare it does not need to be photographed on red felt. Unmarked but hand made by the same German elves that make HK. Serious collectors only.

20230228_130332.jpg

AGG

Staff member
Rarer than rare, very early PDW. So rare it does not need to be photographed on red felt. Unmarked but hand made by the same German elves that make HK. Serious collectors only.

Most excellent--- details please. ;)

Tony

copdoc

Replica of "Monk goone" held in Dresden museum. Kind of like a linear wheellock. est early 1500s. There are only a few photos and some are reverse images. There is a rough drawing in Greener's book. I've read the Dresden curators do not allow other curators to examine their items but I'm not sure if this is true.

I have seen pics and drawing over years and wondered how well it worked. There us some speculation it was not a firearm but a tender starter ir noisemaker because powder would fall out. I think it has pan cover and made this one with one.

Its finicky but generates sparks and light powder in pan. I need to remake a few parts for better operation.

copdoc

I guess I will have to upload video to post but here is a screen shot. Most sparks are in the pan and not visable. Striker should have a stop but I have not added it yet. When I add it you will prob not see sparks coming out of back.

20230303_095938.jpg

copdoc

that looks sketchy and a bit scary especially if you are a hairy guy :LOL:
It is a bit sketchy. 🤣🤣 it's a small pan but sriker is on the bottom, so it may be blowing the powder out and lighting it. I think that is why the big flash on so little powder. I have no other for comparison.

Pan on original seemed huge so I made a brass insert to make it smaller and easier to clean.

I fired it on push rather than pull so I could use my hand to shield from flash. Next time, a welder glove will be used. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

We might have stumbled on the reason it did not catch on however still an improvement over a matchlock.