What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members' Firearms

DRYHEAT

The Hi-Standard shown is a 102 Model, made from 1958 - 1965. I just got this one in a will from a long time friend. In 1966-68 I was in the Oregon State University Pistol Club and we shot postal matches with other universities. I bought one back then exactly like this one for $125 and sold it 3 years later for the same amount. The Supermatic series was very famous for accuracy and a popular choice for competition, including the Olympics.

The Luger is a numbers matching DWM that is a refinish.

DRYHEAT

It also makes a cool graphic
MrVjZuQ.jpg

Nehalem Man

So not HK but still pretty interesting. Plus, I haven't posted for a while.

I have been playing the CMP lottery for a couple years now and sent in my application for a Round 3 1911A1. I received a Rack Grade1943 Remington Rand. Pretty nice pistol for a Rack Grade. It is a Type 2 Remington Rand and I believe still has the original finish as there are no arsenal re-marks. It does have some replacement parts, i.e., the barrel and grips. Shipment info from WW2 indicated that it was most likely sent off to the Navy in Norfolk.

After I received it, I started sending off FOIA requests, first to the Army. Army reported back that they had received it from the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Indiana in the '90s, So, I then sent off a FOIA request to the Navy.

After several weeks, I finally got a response. The pistol first resurfaced (lol) in April 1975 in the DoD Small Arms Registry as being issued to the ballistic missile submarine USS Alexander Hamilton (SSBN-617). After the Hamilton was decommissioned in 1993, the pistol was sent to the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Crane, Indiana, then later to TACOM in Anniston, Alabama, and the finally out of the DoD to the CMP......then on the me :D

Remington Rand 1911A1.jpg

ENDER

Staff member

I have been playing the CMP lottery for a couple years now and sent in my application for a Round 3 1911A1. I received a Rack Grade1943 Remington Rand. Pretty nice pistol for a Rack Grade. It is a Type 2 Remington Rand and I believe still has the original finish as there are no arsenal re-marks. It does have some replacement parts, i.e., the barrel and grips. Shipment info from WW2 indicated that it was most likely sent off to the Navy in Norfolk.

After I received it, I started sending off FOIA requests, first to the Army. Army reported back that they had received it from the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Indiana in the '90s, So, I then sent off a FOIA request to the Navy.

After several weeks, I finally got a response. The pistol first resurfaced (lol) in April 1975 in the DoD Small Arms Registry as being issued to the ballistic missile submarine USS Alexander Hamilton (SSBN-617). After the Hamilton was decommissioned in 1993, the pistol was sent to the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Crane, Indiana, then later to TACOM in Anniston, Alabama, and the finally out of the DoD to the CMP......then on the me :D

View attachment 10242
Very cool to know the provenance. Congratulations.

AGG

Staff member

View attachment 10242

Nice sample. ;)

Tony

Brad4065

View attachment 10242
Now I know that you're not Jesus......I can say that I really like your firearm......and we utilize the same computer.....Oh I'm not Joseph .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

UltraFudd

Neighbors would get pissed if I got one of those, but New Year’s Eve and Independence Day would be a lot more exciting.

That would be true especially if I set somebody’s roof on fire like a local mope did about 15 years back shooting off a GI white parachute flare and managed to torch the local Patrick Cudahy meat plant here. $50 million damage, 1800 jobs.

Fella got 90 days in jail serving 30 days each year and 500 hours community service. His brother got the flare from his time in the sandbox in the USMC.

Good reporting video here: TV 6 report on Cudahy fire

copdoc

Dad told me 60 years ago the rule is to never shoot them unless raining or snow.

copdoc

Neighbors would get pissed if I got one of those, but New Year’s Eve and Independence Day would be a lot more exciting.

That would be true especially if I set somebody’s roof on fire like a local mope did about 15 years back shooting off a GI white parachute flare and managed to torch the local Patrick Cudahy meat plant here. $50 million damage, 1800 jobs.

Fella got 90 days in jail serving 30 days each year and 500 hours community service. His brother got the flare from his time in the sandbox in the USMC.

Good reporting video here: TV 6 report on Cudahy fire
Thanks for link. Fat burns. What a shame for the community.