What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My other obsession : 1965 Corvette Restoration

andrew1182

Well, the body is ready to go back on the rolling chassis Saturday. Cross your fingers for me that it goes without incident, LoL

AoUsZ13.jpg

u3VTzuu.jpg

andrew1182

That is one awesome set up!!!!!!! What motor do you have in it? 427????

Want to be my neighbor? I can break it in for you, or take it to get hand washed. 😉 :ROFLMAO:🤣🤣

I sure hope so. The engine started life as a ZZ502 crate engine that I bought VERY lightly used probably 15 years ago. In January I took it to Smiths Automotive Machine shop in Frankfort and let Butch work his magic. Told him I wanted to run pump gas and make 600hp. He decked the block and milled the heads to raise compression to 11:1, swapped in a more aggressive cam, installed upgraded valvetrain, and massaged the heads. Ended up making 656hp @6,000 RPM and was still making power when he shut it down. Pretty sure we'll get over that 700hp mark once we get the fuel injection installed and a proper tune on there. Dyno was run with a REALLY old Holley 850 and the AFR was really rich from 5k rpm on

**You're only about 20 minutes from me as is! We'll have to meet up when it's finished!

Brad4065

I sure hope so. The engine started life as a ZZ502 crate engine that I bought VERY lightly used probably 15 years ago. In January I took it to Smiths Automotive Machine shop in Frankfort and let Butch work his magic. Told him I wanted to run pump gas and make 600hp. He decked the block and milled the heads to raise compression to 11:1, swapped in a more aggressive cam, installed upgraded valvetrain, and massaged the heads. Ended up making 656hp @6,000 RPM and was still making power when he shut it down. Pretty sure we'll get over that 700hp mark once we get the fuel injection installed and a proper tune on there. Dyno was run with a REALLY old Holley 850 and the AFR was really rich from 5k rpm on
I'll take that as a "yes, you can be my neighbor, use my Corvette to get my groceries" 🤣 🤣🤣

And yes.....I feel certain you'll hit that 700 mark. Congrats!!!!!

andrew1182

Swung by and cussed the wire harness for a while this afternoon. Couldn't resist but to toss a rear wheel on to get an idea how they would look. Once they have tires, it's on the ground, and the coilovers are adjusted she's gonna look beautiful! Pics for enjoyment:

wW7039d.jpg

xaAoPu1.jpg

69ODLsD.jpg

voUB0Sf.jpg

MMissile

Very nice. Almost there....well, they're never "there". Got 300 miles on my car, and now I'll chase the bugs.

AGG

Staff member
Swung by and cussed the wire harness for a while this afternoon. Couldn't resist but to toss a rear wheel on to get an idea how they would look. Once they have tires, it's on the ground, and the coilovers are adjusted she's gonna look beautiful! Pics for enjoyment:

Can't wait to see the final project. :)

Tony

andrew1182

Very nice. Almost there....well, they're never "there". Got 300 miles on my car, and now I'll chase the bugs.

Can't wait to see the final project. :)

Tony

Thanks guys. I feel dirty for my absence but I know if I remain active I will spend money. That's just how it goes. Hell, I picked up a dozen date coded MP5 mags and three clamps locally by accident last week. It's really an addiction. LoL

andrew1182

Too good of a view not to share. Sorry I'm wearing you guys out on a gun forum with my money pit, LoL

DargGsk.jpg