What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My other obsession : 1965 Corvette Restoration

andrew1182

To the contrary--- we enjoy the process. :giggle:

Tony

I appreciate that Tony. I was afraid I may have been out of bounds. Not very exciting, but the devil is in the details. Re-wiring the entire car from the fog lights to the taillights and everything in between:

DDjYC3v.jpg

jeQQoXL.jpg

iOb8WmX.jpg

cDjOkt7.jpg

AGG

Staff member
I appreciate that Tony. I was afraid I may have been out of bounds. Not very exciting, but the devil is in the details. Re-wiring the entire car from the fog lights to the taillights and everything in between:

Personally, I am eager to see the finished product. ;)

Tony

andrew1182

Now for the not so fun stuff. Wiring and tedious bullshit. Pedals are back in, steering column in, LED lights everywhere, Detroit Speed headlight motors as well as their variable speed wiper kits, 100% new wiring front to back, etc. This sucks, LoL

4aroNkl.jpg

MQSKL5L.jpg

5ZANg4k.jpg

ZxCiQkZ.jpg

AGG

Staff member
Now for the not so fun stuff. Wiring and tedious bullshit. Pedals are back in, steering column in, LED lights everywhere, Detroit Speed headlight motors as well as their variable speed wiper kits, 100% new wiring front to back, etc. This sucks, LoL

Truly a labor of love--- please keep us updated on the progress. ;)

Tony

andrew1182

No major updates. Just a buncha' bullshit that would drive me crazy if it wasn't done right the first time. Damn OCD. Got tires mounted and finally got my custom front spinners in from Forgeline. Super impressed with their customer service and willingness to take on a one off project when the original spinner caps they sent me wouldn't clear my dust caps. Legit made me custom ones to my specs at no extra charge. Forgeline is AWESOME.

3mDst2T.jpg

ez1lrOy.jpg

andrew1182

I see a set of Lake pipes in your future!
I've actually already got the matching ACP/Stahl sidepipes with spiral turbo baffles sitting in a box. I'm 99% sure I can get them under the factory exhaust shields which is what I was going for.

andrew1182

How much fun is that gonna be when it's finished? Looking great.

I sure hope it'll be the most fun I can have with my pants on. I've got a shit load of time and money in it so I have high expectations, LoL.

andrew1182

More wiring, and coilovers adjusted. The front needs to settle about another half inch, but otherwise the stance is perfect.

PCA3sLs.jpg

Wmb0TkI.jpg

andrew1182

Lots of progress over Thanksgiving break. Got the dash dyed and reinstalled and all but two wires underhood are terminated and loomed. Car has battery connected and all of the LED's are functioning beautifully. Man I'm getting excited! Still have about four fuel system fittings to hunt down and finalize but short of that and finishing interior install we are almost ready to fire her up.

CWMXljV.jpg

r2JBa6X.jpg

nt9cv6a.jpg

lJgMyEP.jpg

VYXsebr.jpg

6pHtWRM.jpg

iBwlvcc.jpg

GVwDPvG.jpg

andrew1182

It's alive! We got her fired up for the first time in car last night. Music to my ears.

andrew1182

She's moving under her own power! Waiting on parts still but it's a good feeling to be able to pull her in and out of the garage at least, LoL.

C61LkR3.jpg

MhbmYAp.jpg

wuNVC0F.jpg

andrew1182

Sounds good--- looks great with the LED's. ;)

Tony
Thanks ya sir. I'm very pleased with how it's turning out. Every light has been replaced with LED's . Hopefully the bleed stops soon or my wife may kill me.