What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too many forums in my opinion. Consolidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWOH

I did, and he is Ignored. If I want to see people use "douchenozzle" I can just go back to the GD at AR15.com

We can move on.
71IhDKx%2BtcL._AC_SX425_.jpg

AGG

Staff member
This a real problem... Too many Choices.
Too much to click on.
Too many trying to control.

Specific forums allow members to specifically search, instead of going through numerous threads that do not pertain to their topic. :)
I view every topic--- there are always new things to learn. ;)
There are only 4 overlords that I know of. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

MMissile

The peasants don't have to listen to the complaints, and we can be less knowledgeable. ;)

Lamont

Staff member
I did, and he is Ignored. If I want to see people use "douchenozzle" I can just go back to the GD at AR15.com

We can move on.

Sigh....

Feel free.

We are not going to be worrying about this kind of stuff on this site unless it gets egregious and even then, that is a Mod function. He didn't call you one, therefore you have no real concern in our house, you and he are both guests and I'm sure Tony is completely capable of telling someone if they have transgressed. He does that. Not you. If our standard for language is too plain spoken for you then you are always free to spend your time somewhere more erudite. Means "high-brow".

We didn't do "this" to cater to the easily, or more correctly, the peripherally offended. BBR applies.

AGG

Staff member
Sigh....

Feel free.

We are not going to be worrying about this kind of stuff on this site unless it gets egregious and even then, that is a Mod function. He didn't call you one, therefore you have no real concern in our house, you and he are both guests and I'm sure Tony is completely capable of telling someone if they have transgressed. He does that. Not you. If our standard for language is too plain spoken for you then you are always free to spend your time somewhere more erudite. Means "high-brow".

We didn't do "this" to cater to the easily, or more correctly, the peripherally offended. BBR applies.

@SWOH and @Mr.Maim--- I didn't take the former's comment as a jab at the latter--- more of a poke at the HKP word/thought police. ;)

Tony

eodinert

Were I king for a day, the forums would be:

G series Roller Locked (including semi, pistols and clones)
MP5 (including semi, pistols and clones)
G36 (including semi, pistols and clones)
416 (including semi, pistols and clones)
UMP (including semi, pistols and clones)
Pistols

...or something dangerously close to that.

AGG

Staff member
Were I king for a day, the forums would be:

G series Roller Locked (including semi, pistols and clones)
MP5 (including semi, pistols and clones)
G36 (including semi, pistols and clones)
416 (including semi, pistols and clones)
UMP (including semi, pistols and clones)
Pistols

...or something dangerously close to that.

Interesting--- but again, members will be looking through numerous posts to find their specific search. :)
Eventually, the posts will get longer and longer. ;)

Tony

Mr.Maim

Sigh....

Feel free.

Did I ask for someone to edit something or delete a post? NO.

Are you telling me I cannot use the Ignore function on this forum?

Read what I wrote that you quoted. Why did you even feel the need to comment?

Lamont

Staff member
Did I ask for someone to edit something or delete a post? NO.

Are you telling me I cannot use the Ignore function on this forum?

Read what I wrote that you quoted. Why did you even feel the need to comment?
Dude,

I'm telling you this is early days on this site. I didn't know there was an "Ignore" button, part of the site architecture no doubt, we will make that go away. "Not on this site".

Because that's what Mods/Site owners ( I am both here) do on their site. Is that clear enough for you? The real question is, why did you feel the need to ask a Mod why they felt the need to comment? You need to go back and read what I wrote. It wasn't a suggestion.

SWOH

@SWOH and @Mr.Maim--- I didn't take the former's comment as a jab at the latter--- more of a poke at the HKP word/thought police. ;)

Tony

Because it was exactly that - I just can't get folks going around looking to be offended. If you look hard enough for anything, you're sure to find it (even if you have to imagine it).

AGG

Staff member
Because it was exactly that - I just can't get folks going around looking to be offended. If you look hard enough for anything, you're sure to find it (even if you have to imagine it).

We have different interpretations--- both are respected. ;)

Tony

MMissile

This is amusing. This is why I left websites for years. Is it really that hard? People can respect the decisions and choices of the people who create websites, scroll past stuff that doesn't interest you, just ignore posts ya don't like, or stay away. I'm a guest here, and I'll treat this place like I was a guest in someone's home. If an opinion isn't validated or chosen as procedure...move on. We're all supposed to be adults. There will be no cookies and naps.

Oh, and this is just my general opinion about websites. I don't have a dog to even put in a fight, or care about who says what.

AGG

Staff member
This is amusing. This is why I left websites for years. Is it really that hard? People can respect the decisions and choices of the people who create websites, scroll past stuff that doesn't interest you, just ignore posts ya don't like, or stay away. I'm a guest here, and I'll treat this place like I was a guest in someone's home. If an opinion isn't validated or chosen as procedure...move on. We're all supposed to be adults. There will be no cookies and naps.

Oh, and this is just my general opinion about websites. I don't have a dog to even put in a fight, or care about who says what.

"Arguing" with unsavory intent will not be allowed--- comments can be subjective, but some can be objectively spotted. :)
Your "guest" analogy is appropriate and should be common sense--- the Golden Rule is also applicable. ;)
No cookies--- no naps--- but will everyone get a trophy? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MMissile

Better be a good trophy. I've thrown out or given away all those bowling trophies with little cars on them for carshows. I kept the big show stuff.....or something original. Don't disappoint me....LOL

Oh, I got a plaque at the OGCA Display show once. It was for my Swiss Display.

Last edited:

rhouston8

I’d prefer fewer forums personally. I don’t know if I’m typical or not but at hkpro for example I’d only check the NFA and Clone sub forums. I never even look at the others.
Your forums must have a large enough crowd to stay relevant and not appear dormant.
I’d rec’ starting with a couple broad forums...and only later add sub forums once the volume increases and warrants it. Otherwise you are just fragmenting the heck out of the site.
My uneducated 2 cents as a user. I may or may not be typical. Dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.