What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too many forums in my opinion. Consolidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGG

Staff member
I’d prefer fewer forums personally. I don’t know if I’m typical or not but at hkpro for example I’d only check the NFA and Clone sub forums. I never even look at the others.
Your forums must have a large enough crowd to stay relevant and not appear dormant.
I’d rec’ starting with a couple broad forums...and only later add sub forums once the volume increases and warrants it. Otherwise you are just fragmenting the heck out of the site.
My uneducated 2 cents as a user. I may or may not be typical. Dunno.

You may be right--- but the site is very new--- as it grows, I believe that it is where it will need to be now--- kind of a Nostradamus premonition. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

Guyanaman1963

I could care less one way or the other. If a forum doesnt interest me, then I wont be in it for the most part... if I have an interest, then yes, but many people equals many interest with wants and dislikes that differ in many ways. This is the way a society should be... if we were all forced to agree on the same thing all the time... we would be on the other site.
Variety is the spice of life... embrace it... or not!

Personally, I like what I’m seeing And I fully agree with @MMissile with being a guest and an adult... we should read his post again and really absorb what he just said.
Yes, thats just my opinion.

Thanks,
M.

MMissile

I think having lots of choices, may confuse some people. Humans aren't becoming more intelligent, and it seems most have the attention-span of a goldfish.

SWOH

I think having lots of choices, may confuse some people. Humans aren't becoming more intelligent, and it seems most have the attention-span of a goldfish.

My folks owned a Baskin-Robbins when I was a kid and many people didn't know whether to shit or go wild when confronted with over forty flavors of something as minor as ice cream.

MMissile

Dude!!!!! When I was a kid [1960's], they always had a flavor around Halloween, that was SO good. It sounded terrible, but was delicious when creamy. Black licorice. God, I miss that!! My ma used to freak out. Really dark-gray ice cream. LOL

Last edited:

ENDER

Staff member
My folks owned a Baskin-Robbins when I was a kid and many people didn't know whether to shit or go wild when confronted with over forty flavors of something as minor as ice cream.
When Bubble Gun flavor came around - you had to spit out the pieces of bubblegum into your napkin and then put it back in your mouth when you finished the cone. Ahhh - good times.

Hk-USPC-40

When I was a kid I had Diabetes..
I didn't get any ice cream..
Would sit there while everyone else got to indulge & then leave..
GREAT MEMORIES!!

That kid doesn't know what He's missing..

MMissile

That's okay. Over the last 30- years, I've become very dairy-intolerant. If I eat ice-cream early in the day, it's like having magma in my throat all night.

Hk-USPC-40

Hey that kinda stuff made me tough..
I really don't think I missed out on anything..
Except high blood sugar that is..

Sounds like MMissle might be lactose intolerant..
There are almond substitutes..

Letzte Runde in MT

Contributing member
When Bubble Gun flavor came around - you had to spit out the pieces of bubblegum into your napkin and then put it back in your mouth when you finished the cone. Ahhh - good times.
Bubbs Daddy's!
Foot long of chewable, bubble blowing fun.

Deputydave

That's okay. Over the last 30- years, I've become very dairy-intolerant. If I eat ice-cream early in the day, it's like having magma in my throat all night.

Yep, same here. Only for me it clogs up my sinuses. Sucks too because I like cheese and ice cream and such. There are dairy digestive enzymes you can take, but they only go so far. Normally I just have to stay away from dairy or be prepared for the consequences.

MMissile

Hey that kinda stuff made me tough..
I really don't think I missed out on anything..
Except high blood sugar that is..

Sounds like MMissle might be lactose intolerant..
There are almond substitutes..
When I gotta have cereal [rarely]... I have some almond stuff. Very good, especially the vanilla.

THRLSEKR

If the assembled mass(es) herein have not seen the movie IDIOCRACY, well it's a MUST WATCH !!! S.T.F.U. and keep it movin, or have a nice big bowl of OFFENDED FLAKES. Ever since the advent of cable television, if you don't want smut.....DON'T WATCH S-CIN-E-MAX !!!! Candy and cigarettes are a CHOICE ! Vegans get lung cancer and our turn on this rotating, oblate spheroid is a crap shoot. We are all born with an Expiration Date, so SCROLL ON.

I like it here, keep it up...

Guyanaman1963

If the assembled mass(es) herein have not seen the movie IDIOCRACY, well it's a MUST WATCH !!! S.T.F.U. and keep it movin, or have a nice big bowl of OFFENDED FLAKES. Ever since the advent of cable television, if you don't want smut.....DON'T WATCH S-CIN-E-MAX !!!! Candy and cigarettes are a CHOICE ! Vegans get lung cancer and our turn on this rotating, oblate spheroid is a crap shoot. We are all born with an Expiration Date, so SCROLL ON.

I like it here, keep it up...
😂 well said... you should have been a poet!
M.

SWOH

When I gotta have cereal [rarely]... I have some almond stuff. Very good, especially the vanilla.

When I was in Canada last, I saw a few places offering granola cereal for breakfast with half and half. Very good. All that soy and almond milk tastes like crap, IMO. Cheese is usually safe for the lactose intolerant, especially the harder kinds, like parmesan and aged cheddar or gouda.

MMissile

That's nice that you can consume that sorta stuff.
However, I've been dealing with this for close to 4 decades....and know what I can and cannot tolerate. Even if I could tolerate it, Half and half on any cereal, sounds disgusting. It's funny though, how humans drink the milk of other species.

Status
Not open for further replies.