What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are people hating on the UMP's so much?

AGG

Staff member
Wow. Have not seen that before on a USC. Have a few USPs with JS but not a USC. That would be circa 2004 then. plus 2005 (which you said above). Would love to see that or a picture at least.

Found the picture--- HKI/Trussville--- gray stock: ;)

Tony

Attachments

• HK USC Trussville JS.jpg
    HK USC Trussville JS.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 23

Omega21

Incredible @AGG ! Not only is the wording different, the font on the "USC" and the entire "made in Germany" window is different that the font in years prior or after. Now I have a new thing to try and collect! Thanks for sharing Tony.

AGG

Staff member
Incredible @AGG ! Not only is the wording different, the font on the "USC" and the entire "made in Germany" window is different that the font in years prior or after. Now I have a new thing to try and collect! Thanks for sharing Tony.

You are welcome--- now if I can find a serial number and date code: ;)

AA (00) 47-005818 (HK/Sterling)(gray stock)--- believed to be "AA"
( ) 47-00XXXX (HKI/Trussville)(gray stock)--- "JS"
AG (06) 47-006658 (HKI/Trussville)(gray stock)--- no "JS"

Relatively certain that the manual will be the black/white Operator’s Manual/HK. :unsure:

Tony

Last edited:

xsefan

Contributing member
Ever shot a ar 9mm? It's is not a good gun. Usc ump is superior in every way . Well other than price. You can get 4to5 foxtrot mike 9mm for the price of a ump coverted gun 10 inch upper from brownells is 309 lower 249. I want a ump 9mm conversion but, the price is silly. Ump is better but, its expensive. It's not a good value

Lamont

Staff member
Ever shot a ar 9mm? It's is not a good gun. Usc ump is superior in every way . Well other than price. You can get 4to5 foxtrot mike 9mm for the price of a ump coverted gun 10 inch upper from brownells is 309 lower 249. I want a ump 9mm conversion but, the price is silly. Ump is better but, its expensive. It's not a good value
It may be superior, I don't know, I don't have enough trigger time on one to be disappointed with it, so my opinion is academic. Unless you do, yours may be as well. I can say you won't go broke buying mags for it, a standard Uzi mag will run, just won't lock the bolt back. I haven't looked but I would not be surprised to find that hold open followers could be obtained.

I'm going to suggest that there's a reason(s) why most every PD out there that H&K convinced to trade in their MP5's for UMP's got rid of them pretty quickly and it's not just because there are too many bad guys out there wearing soft armor that defeats 9mm/.40/.45 ACP, although that alone would enough for me.

xsefan

Contributing member
If you already have one the more you shoot the more you will love it! I got mine at the beginning of covid. I'm 3k deep in .45 acp I would like to sbr it

Lamont

Staff member
If you already have one the more you shoot the more you will love it! I got mine at the beginning of covid. I'm 3k deep in .45 acp I would like to sbr it
IF I owned one, and I do mean IF, I would definitely SBR it.

UltraFudd

Try it. With eForm 1, it took me a month to get a stamp. An ATF online account and digitize your photo and forms and it’s easy.

Besides, you get this at the and without that extra barrel length tangling you up. I found an extra barrel, cut that one and saved the 16” serialized one for posterity. Mine went to TBT for the frame fuze and barrel work; Tommy’s the best!

3FF5331E-4E39-493F-812D-271F837D8A44.jpeg

AGG

Staff member
Try it. With eForm 1, it took me a month to get a stamp. An ATF online account and digitize your photo and forms and it’s easy.

Besides, you get this at the and without that extra barrel length tangling you up. I found an extra barrel, cut that one and saved the 16” serialized one for posterity. Mine went to TBT for the frame fuze and barrel work; Tommy’s the best!

That is quite nice. ;)

Tony

xsefan

Contributing member
Had to find an old picture. I'm done other than the vents! When I have the jig done if should be easy to cut them with my router .

Attachments

• IMG_20220413_173418_649.jpg
    IMG_20220413_173418_649.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 6