What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody put a HK45C magazine release in their USPs?

ghoulardi

the one that came on my .45 compact works just fine............I have to say that those one being "hawk" is a answer to a question that doesn't exist

Hk-USPC-40

That was without a doubt the easiest upgrade I have ever made to any pistol..
I even pulled out the roll pin punches & elf hammer..
Always use my trigger finger to drop magazines with the levers & have ever since my P7M8..

Thanks Again @Omega21

31ST MEUSOC

I added one to my Expert 45acp when I first purchased her it was they very first thing I did after that was the Meprolight night sights adjustable suppressor height sights but I wouldnt do it for my 9mm tactical due to various post on the steel could seriously gouge the front catch to the magazine and on the other site was a guy who found out the hard way by mags just falling out of the gun?

31ST MEUSOC

I just wish HK would make a factory upgrade for the 9mm and 40cal again because HK hates us!

MasterJP

Contributing member
I added one to my Expert 45acp when I first purchased her it was they very first thing I did after that was the Meprolight night sights adjustable suppressor height sights but I wouldnt do it for my 9mm tactical due to various post on the steel could seriously gouge the front catch to the magazine and on the other site was a guy who found out the hard way by mags just falling out of the gun?
If you have the HK45C release in small frame USP, the jet funnel magazines fall out when shooting.
I would appreciate it if you do not ask please how I learned that.

However, if you have a Tactical or an Expert without jet funnel, the regular magazines work just fine.
The vast majority of my magazines are very well used previously, in many cases with an unknown number of past owners and I have never had an issue.

I do not know if there were ever Elites models without a jet funnel.

Also, I do not know what happens with the 9mm and .40 S&W conversion magazines for the large frames.
They are made out of the same translucent plastic as the cheaper jet funnel magazines, so perhaps they will fall as well. I am too lazy to try it. :)

31ST MEUSOC

My USP tac 9mm has Jetfunnel with Jetfunnel mags I wish they would stop bs and make factory upgrade parts instead of modifying other parts. I like the extended mag release on my 45 expert it is definitely a great upgrade to the little one that came factory. I think it's funny that HK who makes big guns and parts decided to put a tiny mag release on the bulky USP I mean look at their big slide release big and beefy?

MasterJP

Contributing member
My USP tac 9mm has Jetfunnel with Jetfunnel mags I wish they would stop bs and make factory upgrade parts instead of modifying other parts. I like the extended mag release on my 45 expert it is definitely a great upgrade to the little one that came factory. I think it's funny that HK who makes big guns and parts decided to put a tiny mag release on the bulky USP I mean look at their big slide release big and beefy?
HK continues to be a great mystery to me. They make some great upgrade parts, but not others. They do not import some of their own parts. They would not even acknowledge that some of their parts exist.

AGG

Staff member
HK continues to be a great mystery to me. They make some great upgrade parts, but not others. They do not import some of their own parts. They would not even acknowledge that some of their parts exist.

A true enigma. :unsure:

Tony

jorayr97

These are back in stock @ Hk Part Net for $20
Four times what they are worth IMO = $5-$6
Gonna order a couple on Tuesday when I get paid IF they have any by then..
Extended Magazine Release For HK Pistols
Need another + one for @Omega21 who helped me.. Thanks again Brother..
Gary/Hk
Looks like they are going quick. I looked at them this morning and they had 22, down to 10 now.