What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATF NOW TAKING COMMENTS on Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons With “Stabilizing Braces”; Withdrawal of Guidance…. UPDATE #3 ATF

Guyanaman1963

The problem is,
NONE of those comments will be read by anyone but us "Gun Guys"

The Powers who be are just allowing us to vent and have no intentions of considering a single rational thought. :mad:
I hope youre wrong… but sadly I AGREE with you! I believe it is all in vain, but all one can do is try!
M.

ORL-LLC

Believe me, I am NOT Saying to stop, just being realistic.
We know they are going to do that ever the hell they want to.

YELL, SCREAM, Write Emails, Make Telephone Calls and tell your friends too as well.

Guyanaman1963

Believe me, I am NOT Saying to stop, just being realistic.
We know they are going to do that ever the hell they want to.

YELL, SCREAM, Write Emails, Make Telephone Calls and tell your friends too as well.
I know youre not saying to stop… you value your rights as much as I do mine!
But you also know how the left works and the deviousness is hidden behind transparency.
I feel you and I understand and I we we will continue the fight!
M.

Guyanaman1963

MMissile

The problem is,
NONE of those comments will be read by anyone but us "Gun Guys"

The Powers who be are just allowing us to vent and have no intentions of considering a single rational thought. :mad:
I actually think this is a dept joke. They're all getting a big laugh outta the peons. Also, braces have evolved into stocks. The manufacturers have continually changed them and added "features"....making them into stocks. If everybody were honest with themselves, and not trying to side-step rules and laws.....this wouldn't even be a topic.

Last edited:

ghoulardi

LoL,
I just did a quick Google Search.
They don't even know HOW MANY Braces have been made :)
yeeeeeeeeeah the ATF doesn't need to know how many of those so called "braces" were made or even care............once they are classified as stocks and you are caught using them as a stock without the proper paperwork........ well then it's on you,

it'll be like playing Russian roulette.......you can go on hitting that empty chamber for quite a while, but you won't know when it will hit on a loaded chamber, until it's too late :D

Last edited:

MSOGDAWG

I actually think this is a dept joke. They're all getting a big laugh outta the peons. Also, braces have evolved into stocks. The manufacturers have continually changed them and added "features"....making them into stocks. If everybody were honest with themselves, and not trying to side-step rules and laws.....this wouldn't even be a topic.
This is not said with anger or sarcasm., just speaking respectfully and being frank. Your only point I disagree with is people "trying to side step". Many people use braces in states where SBRs are banned at the state level which in and of itself is a direct infringement on gun ownership rights. As well folks like myself that legally own SBRs and pistols do not want to hassle with notifying the ATF when I travel over state lines with an SBR. It is a hassle and more specifically an infringement upon a citizens free and unrestricted legal movement. I or we should NOT have to notify big bro about our movement or our actions and having to do so is NOT freedom, period. I am a grown ass law abiding man that gave this country 15 years in the furtherance of our freedoms, I am not a criminal and I should not be watched and treated like one. Furthermore I have stood ready for 20 years to enforce the laws that are properly passed by government with a fair and objectionable approach bearing in mind it is not my job to infringe on rights but protect them and the peaceable citizenry.

MSOGDAWG

yeeeeeeeeeah the ATF doesn't need to know how many of those so called "braces" were made or even care............once they are classified as stocks and you are caught using them as a stock without the proper paperwork........ well then it's on you,

it'll be like playing Russian roulette.......you can go on hitting that empty chamber for quite a while, but you won't know when it will hit on a loaded chamber, until it's too late :D
What I believe the point is, is that the ATF doesnt know and doesnt care, they have been given a politically and personally driven marching order and they intend to march forward blindly and execute that order even if it makes them look like fools, goons, and "guys just doing their job". The ATF being used and relishing in the fact they are getting more unauthorized power is in keeping with their very checkered past. They leap at the chance to make and keep themselves relevant. What should be realized here and cause concern, is an enforcement agency that is ready and willing to run over law abiding, good, everyday people and they think they are truly fighting crime while doing it.

Last edited:

ORL-LLC

Exactly:

But as with all gun laws, the criminals against whom they are aimed tend to be people who ignore and violate laws routinely. It is unlikely that John Dillinger, planning a bank robbery, would tell his associates, “OK, boys. That’s the plan. Make sure you check to see you have the federal tax stamps for your Tommy Guns. We don’t want some federal revenue agent showing up in the middle of our robbery demanding to see our tax stamps.”

MMissile

Exactly:

But as with all gun laws, the criminals against whom they are aimed tend to be people who ignore and violate laws routinely. It is unlikely that John Dillinger, planning a bank robbery, would tell his associates, “OK, boys. That’s the plan. Make sure you check to see you have the federal tax stamps for your Tommy Guns. We don’t want some federal revenue agent showing up in the middle of our robbery demanding to see our tax stamps.”
Correct. NFA was enacted about the time he died. The gangster era was about over, when the NFA was enacted. All laws are about control......let's talk about some more tax laws.

1623611686288.png

Last edited:

ORL-LLC

Fine, I had to rant incoherently:

Best quote I have seen:
"But as with all gun laws, the criminals against whom they are aimed tend to be people who ignore and violate laws routinely."
Mr. Biden and crew are merely playing on the Paranoia of the ignorant.
They, (BATF&E) don't even know how many "Pistol Braces" are currently in the Hands of law abiding Shooters. I just did a quick Google Search and they are saying 10-40 million.
As Kip Crofts wrote: Knives, Boots, And Bats Kill More People Each Year Than ‘Assault Rifles’
He went on to say "The Mexican cartels have made tons of money smuggling people and drugs across our Southern Border, and we can’t stop them. Even if we were able, legally and practically, to ban guns here, don’t you think they’d be willing to smuggle some in?"
Enforce the Gun laws on the books. Once you (BATF&E) determine an item is legal, don't come back a couple years later and try to "REGISTER" it, track it, and charge $200 to TAX it.

reply-to-Brace.jpg

Guyanaman1963

Damn! Liquidation sale?
Also companies like B&T are worried sick… especially since they just got a toe hold in Tampa, Fl.
I think dealers are panicking that they will get banned or restricted and they will get stuck with inventories.
M.