What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HK G28 T1 Aimpoint Sunshade Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sextus

He’s using my unit to sell his units. It’s more he posted a bunch of fluff and half of it wasn’t true. Just want to right the wrong. If he would have messaged me and just gave me a heads up he was going to use my mount to sell his and not even make his own first. Would have been fine, but you can clearly see where he’s been caught miss leading people.
you do bring up solid point @overkill8000 i will make another post on that side. Making copies of the inaccurate airsoft model is hella stupid.

It’s not a bad idea to just buy or “rent” a genuine article, I know a few guys who have them and can be used for cad.

overkill8000

Contributing member
you do bring up solid point @overkill8000 i will make another post on that side. Making copies of the inaccurate airsoft model is hella stupid.

It’s not a bad idea to just buy or “rent” a genuine article, I know a few guys who have them and can be used for cad.
Yea the part with you is just me steaming, cause I went through hell over those mounts only to end up being banned by the we don't follow our own rules police. I got flammed hard over them, all these boot lickers in the comments not using common sense cause they want a 600 dollar era tac mount to admit the dude is lying. Sirris posting he would take two cracked me up as well.... He wanted to make his sound legitimate, "Paint Artist" "God of Machining" but his 15k investment cut a corner and had CAD work done off my mount that has FAKE shades. Cad work being done off the mount they posted and said it was done off of, which is MY MOUNT. To add I would have bought one of the mounts for 600 myself, It's a good thing for someone to do this for accessibility. Little courtesy and credit would have went a long way.

Last edited:

Nzfly

Contributing member
If someone has a real one they want to send to me, I will model the entire assembly and have it returned in less than a week from when I receive it. We can crowd source the cost of production and I would charge $10 per unit over cost for the hassle of coordinating the endeavor. When a model is complete we can quote and make the final decision to proceed given volumes/cost. Sure would be sweet having a 1:1 unit as opposed to 1:1ish.

Sextus

Yea the part with you is just me steaming, cause I went through hell over those mounts only to end up being banned by the we don't follow our own rules police. I got flammed hard over them, all these boot lickers in the comments not using common sense cause they want a 600 dollar era tac mount to admit the dude is lying. Sirris posting he would take two cracked me up as well.... He wanted to make his sound legitimate, "Paint Artist" "God of Machining" but his 15k investment cut a corner and had CAD work done off my mount that has FAKE shades. Cad work being done off the mount they posted and said it was done off of, which is MY MOUNT.

Again, I apologize to you for passing on the mounts.

At that time I was making my own, but local machinists are annyoying to work with. And I underestimated the complexity of explaining what I needed to those guys. I thought it was cut and dry but 🤷‍♂️

In any case, I confirmed that they are using a genuine mount. It’s not based off of yours. They have a real deal RAL8000 mount for color and shades.

Incredibly stupid to not just post pics but whatever. Case closed.

imacad

I've asked EliteUAS to change his design and approach, to not copy what @overkill8000 had spent time/money/sweat... some tears I'm sure in developing his design.

I hope we can close the book on this drama as none of us really need it more in our lives.

overkill8000

Contributing member
Again, I apologize to you for passing on the mounts.

At that time I was making my own, but local machinists are annyoying to work with. And I underestimated the complexity of explaining what I needed to those guys. I thought it was cut and dry but 🤷‍♂️

In any case, I confirmed that they are using a genuine mount. It’s not based off of yours. They have a real deal RAL8000 mount for color and shades.

Incredibly stupid to not just post pics but whatever. Case closed.
The problem is, the black one pictured is my mount, you can clearly see the milling indent. Also you stated y’all used the black one for cad. Now there’s a ral8000 unit? Also where did the black one pictured come from? This cover job stinks

overkill8000

Contributing member
Also you guys have to treat the whole story when you make something up. The mount they are using is shorter than the real mount. So how are you fixing this? You already posted the mount you are using. That mount is shorter than the factory mount. It causes a gap issue. Those are facts.

Nzfly

Contributing member
Alright, who wants a 1:1 at a fraction of the cost of buying one of those? Hell, I might do it for free just on principle. A wild ass guess for the unit cost when making say 50 units is probably $200 an assembly - could swing $100 but still it would be way cheaper.

It is clear they were posting pictures of Overkill's assembly. They attacked and harassed Overkill when he called them out with this thread. They threatened him with defamation and slander which is idiotic as they clearly don't understand the legal threats they are swinging, nor is there any evidence whatsoever to support such outlandish claims.

That site banned Overkill for defending himself against the inaccurate claims of others. Their continued ban prevents him from further defending himself against their inaccurate claims. IDK how a situation gets more messed up than what has transpired.

ctyatty

@overkill8000

I feel your pain - a few on this board are not respectful of other's intellectual property, the know-how of the methods and ways of doing something.
What people in the real world consider "trade secrets." But when you post the how-to information, then anyone can use and not attribute nor compensate you,
The essence of the blue-sky value for those who actually put their money where their mouth is, have an idea, source things, coordinate the compliance issues and bring them to the market.

This is a free market with willing buyers and sellers making their own choice as to what to buy and at what price. Our country is not a commune where those who accomplish little enjoy the fruits of the labor of those who accomplish much. I could be flippant and say move to another country, unfortunately totalitarian / communist states are not much on private ownership of firearms, so you will be OL in pretty much the entire rest of the world. Market anomolies create arbitrage opportunity.

The price of corn as varied from under $5 a bushel to over $8 a bushel in the last few years. The market worked. Did anyone accuse farmers of being rip-offs because corn about doubled in price?
SDMR rails sold for over $1000 2 years ago, now readily available at $450.
Other prices are way up such as the Aimpoint mount and sunshades. Supply and demand, plain and simple.

Nzfly

Contributing member
It is one thing to knock off a readily available product simply to cash-in. It is another to recreate a product that would otherwise be unavailable. There is also a patent aspect as by disclosing details of a product enables up to 20 years of protection against such circumstances. Beyond that, and the concept backing those protections, is that an idea is brought into the public realm so that others may offer or expand on those ideas once those protections have expired.

These guys are cloning a clone, and then representing they have any moral high ground? I mean like what on earth do they think they are doing?

Gaygrain

@overkill8000

I feel your pain - a few on this board are not respectful of other's intellectual property, the know-how of the methods and ways of doing something.
What people in the real world consider "trade secrets." But when you post the how-to information, then anyone can use and not attribute nor compensate you,
The essence of the blue-sky value for those who actually put their money where their mouth is, have an idea, source things, coordinate the compliance issues and bring them to the market.

This is a free market with willing buyers and sellers making their own choice as to what to buy and at what price. Our country is not a commune where those who accomplish little enjoy the fruits of the labor of those who accomplish much. I could be flippant and say move to another country, unfortunately totalitarian / communist states are not much on private ownership of firearms, so you will be OL in pretty much the entire rest of the world. Market anomolies create arbitrage opportunity.

The price of corn as varied from under $5 a bushel to over $8 a bushel in the last few years. The market worked. Did anyone accuse farmers of being rip-offs because corn about doubled in price?
Other prices are way up such as the Aimpoint mount and sunshades. Supply and demand, plain and simple.
Look who decided to show up. Mr. I charge 600% over MSRP on RAL8000 parts from Huntac and gouge the community to the extreme and post publicly “better me than a gouger” 😂

People still pay over 1k for NON BLEM SDMR rails because they were never sold commercially. They were gifted to those who had a hand in the SDMR project. Factory blems aren’t worth anything to collectors.

Crazy how overkill was shit on for his doing this but others are welcomed with open arms for the same thing 😂. Both threads clearly show Eliteaus being shady and a fool for not reading what he was buying. Using overkills pics, denying, claiming it’s the real one while referring to Overkill as the donkey on here. Dude doesn’t know anything about HK, just in for the cash ride. Absolute clown.

overkill8000

Contributing member
@overkill8000

I don’t understand why everyone keeps making this about he massed produced them and I didn’t…. I’m fine with him doing it, I didn’t want to go down the rabbit hole of 10-15k invested. Just admit you are using my mount to sell yours and you didn’t figure out anything.

Gaygrain

“Thanks to our community, he is getting an authentic hood to model off of and produce for us. I asked him to do the right thing and not to take Overkill's work. Now that we have a path forward as a community and will be getting hoods based on an authentic Eratac Sunshade, this should bewater under the bridge.”

Looks like after this post, they’re gonna do it right will real parts now despite Eliteaus saying on 07SEP that authentic set ups are shown in the photos 😂 What a shady 🤡

overkill8000

Contributing member
I appreciate Doug, just need Felipe apology and I’m good. It should be an apology at this point? Not to me mind you, to everyone on hk pro for not telling the truth. Someone who is about being truthful, and transparent sure lies a lot.

EB681210-AFD6-4183-B7A4-74E0C5FF9053.png

Last edited:

Gaygrain

Imacad, your friend can’t keep his story straight. Claiming the black mount that he has pictured is authentic, claiming he got it from overseas in Switzerland when he actually got it from Overkill? Imacad seems legit but his partner is shady as hell.F4C6D096-1F8E-4FBB-AE40-3E5E0F1F4059.png

imacad

Imacad, your friend can’t keep his story straight. Claiming the black mount that he has pictured is authentic, claiming he got it from overseas in Switzerland when he actually got it from Overkill? Imacad seems legit but his partner is shady as hell.View attachment 8792
Yeah... I went back through the threads and just saw that. Thanks for finding that post. I will deal with him accordingly.

Gaygrain

Felipe aka Eliteaus in damage control. Deleting all his comments on Pro in the thread.

-Posted before imacads replies -

Attachments

• A2CDF9AC-DE47-4A81-B4A1-2D1393A073F9.png
    A2CDF9AC-DE47-4A81-B4A1-2D1393A073F9.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.