What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Pocket Pistol Coming?

MMissile

Americans won't be able to afford Fiestas, in a few years. HK is doing what they need to, to remain in the public's eye. Very few stores sell or stock them, even when available. Most people look at the price tag, then buy another plastic pistol.
I've spent 30+ years in my friend's range/shop. People no longer care about details....just price. I'd guess that most of the firearms he's sold in the last 10 years, have had less than a hundred rounds thru them. It's been mostly liberals and minorities buying for the last year. They're even less picky....without having knowledge. They just believe thay're gonna need one, now.

Jslow

Contributing member
The little guy needs to major changes. A bobbed hammer and paddle magazine release. Then………. Game on!!!! I do believe if ans when it comes to market most of us will support HK and pick one up. For us it’ll still beat the pants off of the p365 (I tried -hated it), Hellcat, nope. No Springers for me. Shield, ok it’s a good gun. The new Taurus…really.. I’m praying for at least a paddle magazine release for us purists that “know”. A hammer would simply be perfect!!

Hk-USPC-40

I don't see getting the Hk Slimster myself.. BUT?
Bang for Buck..
That M&P Shield 2.0 Cost $249.99 in fall of 2019
A similar Hk would cost $600-$800+
I used to buy Glocks for $399 now they're prices are insane too $560+
Glad We bought the Shield when we did, They are now Big Bucks too
Saw one locally for $569, Way more than double + some..
You can't even buy a Taurus G2 cheap any longer
I'd guess there's been more of the Taurus G2/G3s sold nationwide than any other handgun because of price
No other reason.. PRICE.. Not Quality, Options, Accessories Just Price..

I don't feel as if I need to support Hk, SIG, Glock, Ruger etc.
They should support US with a bargain & you know that ain't gonna happen..

I will have to say that if I was a new shooter the SIG P365 would look tempting as it grip feels good & has good Night Sights & is small..
Last SIG I had was a P239 40 SAS + P220ST, P225/P6, P228, P229 40/357

Now find myself carrying the S&W M&P Shield 9mm 2.0 more often than my two Hk USP Compacts because of size & weight

Shows Currently $419.99 for the 2.0 But Out of Stock?
M&P Shield 2.0 3 Magazines.JPG
M&P Shield Plus shows $549.99 & In Stock
Only $130 More for the + ??
I guess three Mec-Gar magazines & a cardboard box
Spent $60 on two extra magazines & the paddle holster = $20ea

Guyanaman1963

I don't see getting the Hk Slimster myself.. BUT?
Bang for Buck..
That M&P Shield 2.0 Cost $249.99 in fall of 2019
A similar Hk would cost $600-$800+
I used to buy Glocks for $399 now they're prices are insane too $560+
Glad We bought the Shield when we did, They are now Big Bucks too
Saw one locally for $569, Way more than double + some..
You can't even buy a Taurus G2 cheap any longer
I'd guess there's been more of the Taurus G2/G3s sold nationwide than any other handgun because of price
No other reason.. PRICE.. Not Quality, Options, Accessories Just Price..

I don't feel as if I need to support Hk, SIG, Glock, Ruger etc.
They should support US with a bargain & you know that ain't gonna happen..

I will have to say that if I was a new shooter the SIG P365 would look tempting as it grip feels good & has good Night Sights & is small..
Last SIG I had was a P239 40 SAS + P220ST, P225/P6, P228, P229 40/357

Now find myself carrying the S&W M&P Shield 9mm 2.0 more often than my two Hk USP Compacts because of size & weight

Shows Currently $419.99 for the 2.0 But Out of Stock?
View attachment 4040
M&P Shield Plus shows $549.99 & In Stock
Only $130 More for the + ??
I guess three Mec-Gar magazines & a cardboard box
Spent $60 on two extra magazines & the paddle holster = $20ea
I totally agree with you brother!
I’m carrying the P2000sk 9mm with USPc mags. Its not too too bad, but the spare mags are bulky and makes me miss my 1911 mags. One can make the argument for capacity, but at what cost. My argument is, if I cant get out of trouble within the first 3 shots… i am in serious trouble and more than likely will not survive. The second mag is there as a back up (I’m referencing my 1911 here).
The cost of firearms have been driven up to the point of being out of reach. I never cared for Sigs and Glocks…. HK’s I like, but man their bulkiness is a deterrent, while the 1911’s tend to be slimmer but heavier.

I’m thinking more and more of reverting to my 1911’s as my primary CCW. I have 2 in rotation depending on purpose and the way I will be dressing. My full size Kimber TLE SS fits IWB in that same Don Hume Holster or in a Galaco IWB on my Rt hip @2 or 4 o’clock with my shirt out.
The Kimber Ultra Cary sits the same way in the same Don Hume, but I can also tuck my Polo shirt in with a bit of overlap and I’m comfortable with the flatter mag in a pocket.

Maybe I’m just too dang old to change my ways… I dont think so, but until I can prove to myself that the “other” weapons will cause me to meet or exceed my personal performance, I will probably go back to my 1911 format.

Maybe, Im going about this the wrong way… rather than going smaller… maybe I should go with my USP45 in the same Don Hume Rig or I also have another Galaco that will fit the USP IWB…and keep my shirt out?
That might be an option that I will explore.

I always say carry what you have trained with… not what the fad is.

M.

LEMming

I understand the sentiment, but to some degree I feel it's an apples vs. oranges argument. It's like being upset that a Porsche 911 isn't a Camaro price. It's never going to be unless you buy older and find a deal. And, inflation is inflation, so that's certainly not going to improve either.

HK's are not the slimmest or sleekest. They don't necessarily have the highest capacity for a given size. They're not the cheapest, and in many cases might be on the top-end of the price range for a given type of gun. What they do offer is usually a great balance in all of those features with robustness and reliability that's usually highest in class or close to it. For example, in the last ~15 years of shooting and owning HK pistols, I can't remember a single failure to extract or eject I've ever had with any HK, save for the HK4 I used to own. In the case of that HK4, that was due to using the caliber conversions with that finicky screw-in breech face. IIRC I think all of the failures I had were with the .22lr conversion, which is par for the course with that damn caliber. I may have also had a few with the .25acp conversion as well.

Also, magazines. I have yet to have a single magazine-related problem with any HK pistol I've ever owned or shot. Their mags are usually best-in-class, and probably the most robust and consistent mags on any platform I've ever shot. Not the smallest, slimmest, or highest capacity, but they freaking work EVERY time. ;) I'll compromise on the other features for that consistency when it comes to a defensive gun.

I would guess, hell I'd even be willing to bet, that if this new pistol is released it will likely:
  • Not be the slimmest
  • Not be the smallest
  • Be 1-3rds fewer capacity than competitors
  • Have 1-3 fewer "features"
  • Might not be RDS compatible
I'm still going to buy one because, with HK's track record, you can almost guarantee it's going to be one of the most reliable in its class. At the end of the day, the robustness of function with the platform is the main thing I care about if we're talking about defensive/carry guns.

As much as I love 1911's, as any red-blooded American should (I honestly think every American should be issued a 1911, a Garand, and an AR-15 LOL), the sheer variety of potential problems with that platform are a nightmare from a defensive gun standpoint:
  • Extractor
    • Improperly tensioned
    • Improperly fitted
    • Improper hook geometry
  • Ejector
    • Improperly pinned
    • Improper length and geometry
  • Barrel
    • Barrel hood fitment and lockup
    • Barrel link fitment and lockup
    • Improper radius of the lower lugs
    • Improperly reamed chamber
    • Poor bushing fitment to barrel
    • Poor bushing fitment to slide
  • Magazines
    • Mother of god! Probably one of the worst platforms for magazines.
    • Which feed lip angle works for your platform?
    • Which follower design works for your platform?
    • Improper fitment of mag catch
    • Welded base plates breaking
    • Too many other potential issues to mention
Those are just some of the highlights I can remember off the top of my head. If you can't tell, I practically have PTSD from my 1911 days. LOL

Hk-USPC-40

Mo I carried a Colt 1991-A1 Compact since 1993 & finally broke down & sold that thing a few years back now
Every 1911 I have ever owned was a Colt 45acp BTW = Gold Cup, Custom Comp etc., No Kimbers, etc.
Miss that heavy little beast, Had it for 25+ years, Cost me $300
I had a Hk P7M8 that was also a brick to carry
My backup was always a pocket knife which is a tool not a weapon

I just had an Idea since it's been really hot out..
Turn that 30lb cylinder of R22 into a AR-15 (y) :unsure:
Of course I should just keep it but what if I pass
They'd just throw it away not knowing it's worth around $1000+
No longer even have any gauges etc. BUT?? = Liquid GOLD 💰

Here's that Compact 1991-A1 & the Custom Comp I sold last year too + Glock 24

P2280009.JPG
P5090152.JPG

Guyanaman1963

Mo I carried a Colt 1991-A1 Compact since 1993 & finally broke down & sold that thing a few years back now
Every 1911 I have ever owned was a Colt 45acp BTW = Gold Cup, Custom Comp etc., No Kimbers, etc.
Miss that heavy little beast, Had it for 25+ years, Cost me $300
I had a Hk P7M8 that was also a brick to carry
My backup was always a pocket knife which is a tool not a weapon

I just had an Idea since it's been really hot out..
Turn that 30lb cylinder of R22 into a AR-15 (y) :unsure:
Of course I should just keep it but what if I pass
They'd just throw it away not knowing it's worth around $1000+
No longer even have any gauges etc. BUT?? = Liquid GOLD 💰

Here's that Compact 1991-A1 & the Custom Comp I sold last year too + Glock 24

View attachment 4041
View attachment 4042
Gary,
That last pic says it all… Guess which one I would grab first! 😂
Cocked and locked!!! That is absolutely beautiful!
That compact is pretty sweet!
I have never had any problems with any of my Kimbers… obviously maint. Is extremely important, but man they are sweet Once broken it. They eat everything.
Thanks for sharing brother! I liked it!!!
M.

Guyanaman1963

I understand the sentiment, but to some degree I feel it's an apples vs. oranges argument. It's like being upset that a Porsche 911 isn't a Camaro price. It's never going to be unless you buy older and find a deal. And, inflation is inflation, so that's certainly not going to improve either.

HK's are not the slimmest or sleekest. They don't necessarily have the highest capacity for a given size. They're not the cheapest, and in many cases might be on the top-end of the price range for a given type of gun. What they do offer is usually a great balance in all of those features with robustness and reliability that's usually highest in class or close to it. For example, in the last ~15 years of shooting and owning HK pistols, I can't remember a single failure to extract or eject I've ever had with any HK, save for the HK4 I used to own. In the case of that HK4, that was due to using the caliber conversions with that finicky screw-in breech face. IIRC I think all of the failures I had were with the .22lr conversion, which is par for the course with that damn caliber. I may have also had a few with the .25acp conversion as well.

Also, magazines. I have yet to have a single magazine-related problem with any HK pistol I've ever owned or shot. Their mags are usually best-in-class, and probably the most robust and consistent mags on any platform I've ever shot. Not the smallest, slimmest, or highest capacity, but they freaking work EVERY time. ;) I'll compromise on the other features for that consistency when it comes to a defensive gun.

I would guess, hell I'd even be willing to bet, that if this new pistol is released it will likely:
  • Not be the slimmest
  • Not be the smallest
  • Be 1-3rds fewer capacity than competitors
  • Have 1-3 fewer "features"
  • Might not be RDS compatible
I'm still going to buy one because, with HK's track record, you can almost guarantee it's going to be one of the most reliable in its class. At the end of the day, the robustness of function with the platform is the main thing I care about if we're talking about defensive/carry guns.

As much as I love 1911's, as any red-blooded American should (I honestly think every American should be issued a 1911, a Garand, and an AR-15 LOL), the sheer variety of potential problems with that platform are a nightmare from a defensive gun standpoint:
  • Extractor
    • Improperly tensioned
    • Improperly fitted
    • Improper hook geometry
  • Ejector
    • Improperly pinned
    • Improper length and geometry
  • Barrel
    • Barrel hood fitment and lockup
    • Barrel link fitment and lockup
    • Improper radius of the lower lugs
    • Improperly reamed chamber
    • Poor bushing fitment to barrel
    • Poor bushing fitment to slide
  • Magazines
    • Mother of god! Probably one of the worst platforms for magazines.
    • Which feed lip angle works for your platform?
    • Which follower design works for your platform?
    • Improper fitment of mag catch
    • Welded base plates breaking
    • Too many other potential issues to mention
Those are just some of the highlights I can remember off the top of my head. If you can't tell, I practically have PTSD from my 1911 days. LOL
I agree with most of what youre saying. The magazines are a definite issue, but when I threw away my mags with the metal follower… the feed problems went away.
Feed ramps polished themselves, and proper maintenance solved the rest of the issues.
No PTSD here on 1911’s! 😂
But yeah, I get it.
I will not argue that HK’s are the Cream of the Crop… but 1911’s, like HK‘s have different models with different performance.
Compare the VP9 series to the MARK23 series. Big difference!
Apples to Oranges…. Absolutely!
The question is… do you like apples or oranges… there both good… but one keeps the doctor away! 😂

Not arguing or debating you… in fact I agree with you on everything you said about the HK.

Thanks,
M.

Hk-USPC-40

When I came across that Colt Custom Comp @ a Local Pawn Shop the retailer knew Me & said $600 OTD
My Wife was there & gave that look :rolleyes: Oh No!! HaHaHa!! :p
I did install a rear sight = $50 Kensight & Sold it right away making more than I paid = OH Yeah!!
What a Sweet Piece it was & had zero muzzle rise = Bowling Pin Match factory gun..
I had a Sigarms 1911 magazine & removed the scope mount..
The result.. Even dug out Bill Wilson's old book..
1911s Rock.. I am currently without one but my house is paid for & I am retired @ 55 years old..
Colt Custom Comp SCGA0325.jpgP5050107.JPG

Hk-USPC-40

I will have to say that from the five Heckler & Kochs I've had I never had even one malfunction EVER..
That's something I can't say for the 1911s or Glocks Ruger etc.
I hear some say to practice tap rack bang etc, Not with an Hk..
If I ever did have a malfunction it would have to be ammo related
They build H&Ks like Tanks, That's why they are so robust & beefy

Skandar

I will have to say that from the five Heckler & Kochs I've had I never had even one malfunction EVER..
That's something I can't say for the 1911s or Glocks Ruger etc.
I hear some say to practice tap rack bang etc, Not with an Hk..
If I ever did have a malfunction it would have to be ammo related
They build H&Ks like Tanks Panzers, That's why they are so robust & beefy
Fixed it for ya' ;)

Guyanaman1963

When I came across that Colt Custom Comp @ a Local Pawn Shop the retailer knew Me & said $600 OTD
I did install a rear sight = $50 Kensight & Sold it right away making more than I paid = OH Yeah!!
What a Sweet Piece it was & had zero muzzle rise = Bowling Pin Match factory gun..
1911s Rock.. I am currently without one but my house is paid for & I am retired @ 55 years old..
View attachment 4045View attachment 4046
Dang that is nice!!! Made my heart skip a beat!
M.

AGG

Staff member

Very nice. ;)

Tony

Hk-USPC-40

I was thinnin Panzer IV Bobalouie HaHaHa 🤣

OK It sounds like H&Ks don't malfunction very often or ever unless ammo is the problem
I can live with that.. I Guess..
There was that time I shot four magazines rapid fire in a HCed P7M8
Got so hot you could lite a cigarette on the frame & could see the haze of heat bellowing off of it for quite a while
Had to put it down to cool & the casings always has weird marks on them too..