What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SP5L is official

AGG

Staff member
A question for the federal Regs experts:

Is’nt there some grumpiness about putting a stock on a pistol? I remember when Hi Powers, Lugers, Broomhandles and some 1911s were slotted for stocks but you couldn’t put a repro one on them, only an original. There was a cottage industry in making repro stocks look original, and the bottom line was that it was a big no-no.

So would the SP5L require a Form 1 to SBR it, or is it an AOW? Or, do you go Nike and just do it?

SBR--- or cut the barrel and AOW (for a briefcase--- no PDW barrels). ;)

Tony

AGG

Staff member
JUST FYI, in case anyone was thinking it,

NOT No, But HELL NO,
I will not be doing a Group Buy on these

:cool: just saying

You couldn't get enough takers. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I like what you're doing with the coloring. ;)

Tony

copdoc

You serious HK collectors better get one. It will be the one missing in every big collection in a few years.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nehalem Man

So...if you are going to have a full length barrel, why not move that site forward, extend the cocking tube and put a 93/33 hand guard on it? All that wasted real estate between the three lug and the triple tree. ??????

InkedHK-SP5L-Left_Web_LI.jpg

Guyanaman1963

I'm not sure how long HK can keep up this BS, how is this a sound business model ? I know its HK, but why? who is the buyer
People will buy anything they “perceive” as the “newest trend”! They will buy it just because it says HK and they just have to have it.
On the other site, some are raving about it and singing the praises with claims of how happy they are that HK did something new.
Yeah...’God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy”!
M.

Guyanaman1963

Ask everyone who has bought the Ruger PC carbine or built a AR in 9mm.

-E-
Granted, but if HK is trying to satisfy a market need, why butcher the MP5 line, why not offer a MR556 in a 9mm caliber... MR9mm? I would buy that quicker than I would buy the current offering.
I’m not arguing with you, just saying they could have thought this out better.
M.

dirtyharriett

Well even though I don't care for one I think HK knows that a brace ban is likely and the number of people who don't want to do class 3 SBR's is significant. I think there will be quite a market for these... especially if the brace ban comes through they will be impossible to get at that point unless an assault weapons ban eliminates them completely.

Nehalem Man

Granted, but if HK is trying to satisfy a market need, why butcher the MP5 line, why not offer a MR556 in a 9mm caliber... MR9mm? I would buy that quicker than I would buy the current offering.
I’m not arguing with you, just saying they could have thought this out better.
M.
That's kinda what I'm suggesting with their new L version. Stretch those sights apart and put on a longer handguard.

@ghillibear.....Jeff would thar be a doable project?

-E-

Aeg15

I think i’ll pass on this one and stick to my SP5 and PDW. Would rather see a 93 tbh.