What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SP5L is official

copdoc

I've examined a few newer handguns that appear to have dot matrix codes inside. I have not read or heard of significance. It might be serial number, import date etc.

Edit. By newer I mean last 5-6 years

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
I've examined a few newer handguns that appear to have dot matrix codes inside. I have not read or heard of significance. It might be serial number, import date etc.

Maybe on the front of the trigger pack housing--- like the MP5's. :unsure:

Tony

Guyanaman1963

CDNN had one up for auction; no CC fees, but tax.

Went for exactly $4000. Sheesh!!!
On Gb they have been going for a pretty penny as well. I dont see the sense in it, its just doesnt look right and looks identical to a 94 i think. But obviously people are willing to pay for it.
why couldnt it have been a SD model? :unsure::unsure::unsure:
M.

AGG

Staff member
On Gb they have been going for a pretty penny as well. I dont see the sense in it, its just doesnt look right and looks identical to a 94 i think. But obviously people are willing to pay for it.
why couldnt it have been a SD model? :unsure::unsure::unsure:
M.

No importation of suppressors--- maybe B&T USA could assist. ;)

Tony

Cromag

$4000?! Then you have a 16" long barreled parts kit WITH a receiver block you still have to deal with... 🤦🏻‍♂️... AND 922r. Thinking about this makes my head hurt.

ctyatty

A question for the federal Regs experts:

Is’nt there some grumpiness about putting a stock on a pistol? I remember when Hi Powers, Lugers, Broomhandles and some 1911s were slotted for stocks but you couldn’t put a repro one on them, only an original. There was a cottage industry in making repro stocks look original, and the bottom line was that it was a big no-no.

So would the SP5L require a Form 1 to SBR it, or is it an AOW? Or, do you go Nike and just do it?
No problem: a 16" barrel pistol can have a stock added to be a rifle, and remove stock then go back to being a pistol. ATF used to think this was a one way trip until Thompson Center Contender went to SCOTUS - and then it took another decade for ATF to inculcate the ruling. However, cannot go from pistol (less than 16" barrel) and add a stock without NFA compliance $200 SBR tax.

However as nice as braces are these days -the SBR route is perhaps not as popular. This is what CZ, Stribog, B&T and others have been doing for years, imported in as a PISTOL - 922(r) does not apply to pistols - end user adds a stock or a brace depending on the length of the barrel. HK is slow to the market .

UltraFudd

Sooo, without further a-do-do, I bring you the latest acquisition from H&K. Please note, it’s not a pistol anymore. It’s also not a rifle. It’s now a “firearm”.

Recycled POF A2, Holosun 507c-x2, a MLI forend I had laying in the spare parts drawer, Olight BALDR in green, a spare large stock pin with sling ring, M8 Industries adapter plate, tritium front sight, MLOC foregrip, and a Savvy Sniper quad sling.

The red dot replaced the rear sight and provides true co-witness (see pic).

Interestingly, HK is now marking the weapon serial number not only on the receiver, but also on the grip housing AND the bolt AND bolt carrier. I’ve got a SP5 and SP5K and this is the first time I’ve seen this.

Also, there’s two other numbers machined on the bolt; a 70 70, and CA4704 (see the included pic). Does anyone have an idea what these are (for)?

71BA6C92-44F7-473E-A266-A19A721DB047.jpeg

B51BDF3D-DE11-4F1C-94BB-986B4452BD4A.jpeg

87ACB760-5FCB-4C8C-8D5F-B5DF02C1EAEF.jpeg
82E9CDCB-6D09-42FE-93DD-5A7D52F03C28.jpeg

CE4D318F-0C56-49DD-AE7C-59372732AB8D.jpeg

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
Sooo, without further a-do-do, I bring you the latest acquisition from H&K. Please note, it’s not a pistol anymore. It’s also not a rifle. It’s now a “firearm”.

Recycled POF A2, Holosun 507c-x2, a MLI forend I had laying in the spare parts drawer, Olight BALDR in green, a spare large stock pin with sling ring, M8 Industries adapter plate, tritium front sight, MLOC foregrip, and a Savvy Sniper quad sling.

The red dot replaced the rear sight and provides true co-witness (see pic).

Interestingly, HK is now marking the weapon serial number not only on the receiver, but also on the grip housing AND the bolt AND bolt carrier. I’ve got a SP5 and SP5K and this is the first time I’ve seen this.

Also, there’s two other numbers machined on the bolt; a 70 70, and CA4704 (see the included pic). Does anyone have an idea what these are (for)?

Very nice--- and 94-ish. :)
And that's 7Q 7Q. ;)

Tony

Member15

Just a reminder. ATI/MKE sold every AT94P that they imported. :unsure: These will keep Curtis Higgins busy cutting and threading for quite a while. ;)

View attachment 2780
I just talked to Curtis a few days ago about this. I want to cut down my SP5L barrel and keep the nice tri-lug with the 1/2x28TPI threading thats already there. In my state we can cut the barrel down to 12.1" or down to the factory 8.83" but that requires a permanent suppressor/ flash hider depending on configuration. Not sure what to do. The barrel as is at 16.5" reminds me of a harpoon gun. I'm also debating on having TSC Machine do it if willing and can do it without removing the barrel. OK is much further for me to send soemthing so expensive.

AGG

Staff member
I just talked to Curtis a few days ago about this. I want to cut down my SP5L barrel and keep the nice tri-lug with the 1/2x28TPI threading thats already there. In my state we can cut the barrel down to 12.1" or down to the factory 8.83" but that requires a permanent suppressor/ flash hider depending on configuration. Not sure what to do. The barrel as is at 16.5" reminds me of a harpoon gun. I'm also debating on having TSC Machine do it if willing and can do it without removing the barrel. OK is much further for me to send soemthing so expensive.

Welcome to the site. :)
I would leave it alone--- basically an "HK94", with the ability to legally add a stock. ;)
Check out the Century AP Series, if you want to go that route. :unsure:

Tony

Guyanaman1963

Welcome brother!!!!