What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What HK do you EDC CCW?

Deputydave

Better kill em with the first shot. 357 mag is too unmanageable for follow-up shots. I've had several people shoot speed and accuracy with me and my 9mm, against their higher power/recoil rounds. None can come close to putting rounds on target, accurately. [or even on target] When you look at the effectiveness of today's hi-performance ammo, I don't see the need for the "manly" rounds. It ain't how large the round is....it's where ya put it.

I don't wanna walk in front of any round.

View attachment 1056

I somehow missed this post. I agree. You can accurately fire 16 rounds of 9mm in less time that you can fire 6 rounds of 357 magnum from a revolver. Although I like a good 357 magnum revolver, I'd not carry one anymore. Too many disadvantages. Personally, if I were feeling like a 357 I'd simply put in one of my 357sig barrels into either my USPc or P2000. Much better recoil management in those pistols. But in truth, 9mm is just fine these days.

On another board they were talking about the Glock 19 being adopted by the Federal Air Marshals. That's fine I suppose. But the conversation flowed over to 9mm. One poster said he'd prefer 357sig. I guess he's never touched off a 357sig in an enclosed metal tube without hearing protection. Not something I'd want to do. And that is the other consideration against magnums, they are quite loud. Shooting them in a room is not pleasant. Not that any service round is fun indoors without hearing protection, but some are worse than others.

H&K-93

P30-SKS for me. 9mm works just fine for me although if they made it in 40 cal I’d jump in a minute
Bigger fan of the 40

H&K-93

UltraFudd

P7 PSP but I’m working a SIG P365 SAS into the rotation because HK refuses to make a single stack 9mm hammer gun. I know, I suck.

P30SKS with a TLR-8AG light / laser if I think I might be out after dark.

The PSP is what I qualify with, which ain’t real hard in this state.

Mitchell

P226

I’ve had a 226 (not the same one) for 20+ years, it’s just natural for me.

Last edited:

AGG

Staff member
Nothing really rude about the comment. You can't blame a member for trying to keep up with the cool kids - and falling a little short :ROFLMAO:

Better to fall short with a holster than with the ladies. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony

MMissile

I've been hammered outta bigger and more popular websites. Mostly car sites. It just breaks my heart....:sleep::sleep::sleep::giggle: