What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What HK do you EDC CCW?

jorayr97

Agreed! I personally like prefer the .45 more than anything else. I am not opposed to any other calibers but my preference is towards the .45.
I think I would switch to a .357 magnum if HK made a USP to take it! LOL!
M.

ETA: but man... I do love my 1911’s !!!!
Although not an HK, Coonan makes a 1911 series .357 Magnum.
1610206317774.png

MMissile

Better kill em with the first shot. 357 mag is too unmanageable for follow-up shots. I've had several people shoot speed and accuracy with me and my 9mm, against their higher power/recoil rounds. None can come close to putting rounds on target, accurately. [or even on target] When you look at the effectiveness of today's hi-performance ammo, I don't see the need for the "manly" rounds. It ain't how large the round is....it's where ya put it.

I don't wanna walk in front of any round.

1610208992484.png

AGG

Staff member
Better kill em with the first shot. 357 mag is too unmanageable for follow-up shots. I've had several people shoot speed and accuracy with me and my 9mm, against their higher power/recoil rounds. None can come close to putting rounds on target, accurately. [or even on target] When you look at the effectiveness of today's hi-performance ammo, I don't see the need for the "manly" rounds. It ain't how large the round is....it's where ya put it.

View attachment 1056

I am comfortable with the .45 Winchester Black Talon. ;)

Tony

andrew1182

I carry a sig365 99% of the time. If I'm going to collect rent somewhere really rough I take a glock 19. I'm not losing anything I'm attached to for perforating some thug because of their terrible threat assessment.

Razzle

My EDC is a VP9SK. I chose it about 3 years ago because the school district I worked for opted to go with the CCSO program in which they armed certain personnel - including me. They asked me to research which pistol would be the best for our purposes and within a set budget. After a couple months of digging, I found the HK to be the best option, so that's what we decided to go with. When I left that school district, I was allowed to keep the pistol.

Deputydave

My EDC is a VP9SK. I chose it about 3 years ago because the school district I worked for opted to go with the CCSO program in which they armed certain personnel - including me. They asked me to research which pistol would be the best for our purposes and within a set budget. After a couple months of digging, I found the HK to be the best option, so that's what we decided to go with. When I left that school district, I was allowed to keep the pistol.

Nice!

MMissile

That's how it was referred to. That's what I bought. I don't really put a lot of concern in names....just what I like.

HK12Step

View attachment 1056
Agreed. Staying bullet hole free is a solid goal. HST, GoldDot, PDX-1 are my goto’s but I also like the copper flowers out the muzzle, soft shooting.
DF4A119C-2DFF-40B8-AECE-2CFF2B43A109.jpeg

Hk-USPC-40

There should be a round like the Black Talons called the "Black Death"
It would sell just for it's name alone..
Market Research Guys..

Only talons in my stash are 45acp & I sold off all those guns
Need some in 40 S&W Now.. I can wait.. I won't over pay.. EVER!!

AGG

Staff member
Market Research Guys..

I will take those off of your hands. ;)

Tony

MMissile

Market Research Guys..

Winchester discontinued the Black Talon line completely in 2000. The “Ranger SXT” ammunition sold later by Winchester is very similar to the Black Talon though without the black Lubalox coating on the bullet.Oct 7, 2020

AGG

Staff member
Winchester discontinued the Black Talon line completely in 2000. The “Ranger SXT” ammunition sold later by Winchester is very similar to the Black Talon though without the black Lubalox coating on the bullet.Oct 7, 2020

This sounds correct--- the public hype prompted Winchester to "change"--- though it was negligible. ;)

Tony