What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid-19 Vaccine Who Has Gotten the Shot YET?

Hk-USPC-40

My Wife & I are scheduled to get the vaccine this Tuesday 1pm 3/9/21
Could have gotten it a bit earlier because of having diabetes, heart attack, spinal meningitis etc but waited for our age group 50-60 to come up.

Just wondered if anyone out there has gotten the vaccine yet & how it worked out for you?
Of course I'm not afraid of needles, I've had diabetes for 43 years & might have by now given myself 40,000+ or more injections
In fact just to think about it, Any insulin dependant diabetic would be the perfect person to get to give these injections as you become the master of something after doing it thousands & thousands of time.. It can be done with almost zero pain if done correctly, You pinch the meat & give the injection subcutaneously @ a slight angle & push the medicine in slowly, I just pushed 12 units of Humalog in now..
I've watched others do these shots & you can tell they know nothing, It's almost like they are playing darts or something..

Anyhow SO FAR I know no one who has gotten the vaccine yet & just wondered if any of you all have gotten it..
I'll let you know how it goes Tuesday afternoon..
Two weeks till my 38th wedding anniversary.. March 22nd
I passed on another POS S&W & ended up letting my Wife score herself a few nice rings
A Sweetheart Ring like the one I bought Her 40 years ago + a fancy older white gold diamond ring..
Brownie points if you will..
Thanks
Gary

Here's those rings & way cheaper than any Hk..

And Wow my Old buddies @ ECC are opening another Gun Store in Indiana two blocks from where I grew up by the Green Tree Mall.. NICE!!
I'm thinking my next purchase will be a SIG Sauer P365, Today I was wearing some mossy oak shorts & my Hk was too heavy & had to carry the S&W Bodyguard 380
Thinking about trading the S&W toward a SIG.. Getting tired of walking into a gun store & knowing there is nothing even close in the case worth having just S&W Shields & Mossburgs that are $200 over priced.. I even looked at a NAA Mini 22lr revolver.. Somebody slap me one please..

ring.jpg
Miss Tammy is happy & That's all that matters while I have Her other Ring made larger & a stone reset by S&S Brothers my other Gun getting store where my two HKs came from.

Flashpoint

I’m a nurse and I got both my shots in January. I will say that you will probably get some “flu” symptoms after the 2nd vaccine. It can be pretty intense or you may not feel anything at all. For me I got chills pretty bad about 12 hours after the vaccine, but it went away.

I take care of Covid patients and I see how it can mess you up. I’ve seen young and old patients that were hit hard with this. I never got it, but some coworkers have and they constantly feel like crap months after it. They still get periods of shortness of breath and chest pain. I think a lot of people who had Covid will have lung problems later in life even if their initial symptoms were mild.

Guyanaman1963

@Hk-USPC-40 Congratulations again on your 38th wedding anniversary!!! That is quite an accomplishment and takes dedication and understanding to make a marriage a lifetime commitment!
Todays society is filled with ‘interim marriages that just dont hold up. Marriage is a sacred act and one that should be treated and respected as such!
Im not saying its all roses and sunshine, for even roses have thorns and the Sun can... well... burn! 😂
My wife and I are getting ready to hit our 39th, so I can tell you and everyone... I have been stuck... and burned.... at the same time!!! But I would not wish for anything else!!!

My daughter got her first Covid shot a month or so ago with no complications... she couldn’t understand what all the hoopla was about.
She got the second shot last week... and understood!
Severe flu like symptoms, extreme fatigue, fever, chills etc. It lasted for approximately 3 to 4 days, and she was shopping on the fourth And flying to Chicago on the 5th day!!! 😂

I myself will have to get it since I am deemed an essential worker, but have to admit, I am a little Leary of it But will see what happens.

Good luck and I pray all goes well!
Ragards to the lovely Ms. Tammy.... beautiful rings!
M.

UltraFudd

Survived a bout of COVID in late November with six days in the VA hospital on steroids and 4 liters oxygen.

I’m over 65 and had both shots (Pfizer) in late Jan - early Feb. First one; no issues. Second one; got the chills and slight fever that night (100.5). Threw an extra blanket on the bed, took two Tylenol PM, went to bed and shivered for an hour before falling asleep.

Woke up next morning (always a good sign), all good. Follow-up checkup with pulmonologist shows no permanent damage and clear lungs.

MSOGDAWG

Got 1st - arm hurt like hell
Got 2nd - day after fealt WAY worse than I did when I had Covid. Lasted about 24hrs.
Got the Moderna

Hk-USPC-40

I got the 1st Phizer Shot Today along with my Wife..
Get the 2nd round 3/30/21
Zero arm pain & mild flu like symptoms = Body Aches So Far..

Hk-USPC-40

SO FAR!!
My Wife is Very Tired this Morning, I feel OK..
I can tell my immune system is now in overdrive to fight the virus..
Antibody to come..
Let Wifey Sleep & might go back to sleep myself..
It's 9:00am here

ENDER

Staff member
Nobody even knows how long it will protect you for. 2 months to 2 years is the only answer you will get.

ENDER

Staff member
Actually, the only way I could get the vaccine at this particular point and time is to find a senior citizen who lives in Detroit and drive him/her to a vaccine site. 🤪

Mitchell

I got COVID in January after the Daytona 24 Hour race. My crew and I get tested every week because we travel so much. I had a positive PCR test and never had a sniffle. No fever, no headache, no nothing. I figured it was a false positive so I waited my 10 days and retested, positive again. After 2 weeks went and got an antibody test and it too was positive. So, I had it, and never knew it. It leveled 3 of my crew guys and one went to the hospital. 2 of us were totally asymptomatic.

My wife never isolated and slept in the same bed as me the entire time (she figured if I had she had it). She tested 4 times, all negative.

It’s hit or miss, my Aunt died from it 3 days before I was diagnosed.