What's new
HK Proshop : For the Heckler and Koch Enthusiast

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music What Are You Listening To?

MMissile

So much good music, that never made it on the airwaves. If it couldn't be in rotation and played for mediocre-masses......it stayed with those who looked deeper. I remember listening to FM radio in the early-70's. A guy on my paper-route always had it playing in his garage. He was a "cool" guy [he's also my NFA FFL these days]. That's when I got hooked on the cool stuff. Now FM is like 60's a.m........only not as good. It was awesome, when it was like "underground music". My tastes were always different than 90% of the people I knew.

This is considered to be one of the best all-time guitar solos by many people. Fripp[King Crimson]and Eno[Roxy Music].......talk about imagination, talent, and ahead of their time 1973. And this was played on old FM radio....

Last edited:

CIH8240

Is anybody here into some classic county! Waylon, oak ridge boys, Bobby Bare!

ENDER

Staff member
Is anybody here into some classic county! Waylon, oak ridge boys, Bobby Bare!

You must be north of I-69, that seems to be the demarcation line in Michigan. Just an over generalization (observation) on my part. 🤠

CIH8240

When country music sounded like country music. :unsure:

Tony
That I agree with but for me it was later than 76. I was ok with it until say about 2000ish. Now I can’t listen to “today’s country”.

AGG

Staff member
That I agree with but for me it was later than 76. I was ok with it until say about 2000ish. Now I can’t listen to “today’s country”.

There are few exceptions that "drifted" past 1975--- some "Southern" bands (e.g., Alabama, Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Skynyrd). ;)

Tony

Jslow

Contributing member
I’m a big band guy. Love to listen to Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble, Harry Conick Jr., the Rat Pack and others of that genre.

Jslow

Contributing member
Take two. Oh yeah, I’m a huge Jimmy Buffett fan too. Not the best singer but his songs and Caribbean vibe are just the ticket often to escape.